Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-01-25 12:29:26

nuno-m-caeiro

Chat request notifications ignores online/offline status

Hi there!

I'm wondering if this is a expected behaviour... even when i switched to offline mode new chat request notifications still appear forcing users to cancel or accept the request. screenshot here: http://www.nunocaeiro.com/img/notifications.png

Thanks in advance!
NC

Last edited by nuno-m-caeiro (2017-01-25 12:32:00)

#2 2017-01-25 12:39:16

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Chat request notifications ignores online/offline status

Hi nuno-m-caeiro,
have you checked if the live chat is set to offline from visitor side?

https://livehelperchat.com/i-m-offline- … -331a.html

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-01-25 14:27:23

nuno-m-caeiro

I didn't setup department online hours neither checked in "Ignore users online statuses and use department online hours" option. Where can i check if live chat is set to offline from visitor side?

#4 2017-01-25 14:28:58

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

You can see if your live chat is offline for visitor from website side where you have the chat widget.

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2017-01-25 14:52:22

nuno-m-caeiro

Visitor enters here to request a new chat: http://www.nunocaeiro.com/img/chat_requested.png
After Operator accepts the chat request, visitor and Operator will be chating in this window here: http://www.nunocaeiro.com/img/chat_accepted.png

As you can see there are no options to determine if live chat is offline for visitor. is this the window you mean?

#6 2017-01-25 14:56:16

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Do you have the live chat installed on a website? Than please provide the URL.
If the chat is installed on a private network sorry I cannot support you.

Seems you have no idea how chat is working. Free support cannot help you in that case.
As you can see in the www.livehelperchat.com you can see when chat is online or not as widget say if chat is online or not.
From mobile you also are able to see if chat statues is online or not.
Your screen has made after done click on the widget so have no sense but in department you can see are not offline and are online (when a dep is oggline -=-offline =- is added near the name of the department and the department are in red; in your screenshot seems to be online).

Please remember this is a free project. Support are limited and I cannot teach you how LHC fully works.
If your live chat is online is normal that user can start a chat. This depends on your settings. You have to check all department settings and see if you have not set automated online working hours, also be sure all operator are offline than chat should be offline and visitor cannot start a chat if leave message is enabled from settings.

Last edited by PeopleInside (2017-01-25 15:42:47)

#7 2017-01-25 15:50:28

nuno-m-caeiro

This project is being developed and deployed behind a local private network. I'm not a backend developer i'm a graphic & UI designer, but following some rational logic does not require rocket science knowledge, am i right? If a user clicks on a button where says "Offline mode" and the icon changes from Online to Offline mode i'm not expecting to be available/online anymore, am i right? So if I got feedback from my previous action (button pressed > icon changed state) why is the platform acting like im still online/available when all the backend settings seems to be configured correctly? This is what users are expecting, I know this is an open-source project and i'm not expecting a full support neither, also Live Helper Chat backoffice is pretty basic and straight forward.

Cheers!
NC

#8 2017-01-25 15:56:15

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi nuno-m-caeiro,
I think if you are new on Live helper chat you have to navigate in the settings and understand how you can setup LHC.

As this is an open source project I can teach to each user to use LHC. I can try to give support only when a user has issues.
LHC can be configured to leave a message in a chat or to have leave message form. For activate leave message form when operator are offline you simply need to go in settings, live help configuration, start chat from settings and than activate the Enable offline message form than set all settings correctly.

Have you looked well at all LHC settings before post?
Please I ask to understand better LHC and try it better before ask here. You are always welcome to post questions but if you are new on LHC try to read well all LHC settings and you will find the solution, maybe. If not I AM here to try to help you but remember I do this in my free times. Now I AM doing some job and every time a mail come from the forum I have to stop my job and reply to you.

I hope now your issue will be resolved.

#9 2017-01-25 16:07:50

nuno-m-caeiro

I'm not using any site widget like those you have in your Demo, my Users start their journey from here: http://www.nunocaeiro.com/img/chat_requested.png
After filling out the required Form and choosed the desire Department they are redirected to the correct Operator and chat will start, like  you see here: http://www.nunocaeiro.com/img/chat_accepted.png
So basically there's no option for setting Online/Offline status in the frontend and doesn't make any sense because the person who wants to be Offline is the Operator, not the visitor.

"LHC can be configured to leave a message in a chat or to have leave message form." this is a completely different topic/feature and its not related with the subject we are talking here.

Thanks for all your feedback and support.

NC

Last edited by nuno-m-caeiro (2017-01-25 17:20:21)

#10 2017-01-25 16:09:11

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

I have started a chat request so we can discuss the issue in real time. Please accept the invite.
Thanks

#11 2017-01-25 16:12:11

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

nuno-m-caeiro wrote:

"LHC can be configured to leave a message in a chat or to have leave message form." this is a completely different topic/feature and its not related with the subject we are talking here.

Sorry but I think you are not right. If user are able to send chat notification if the status is offline this means you have not enabled the leave message feature and you allow chat to start also offline. This is just a settings.
If you have not enabled the leave message than maybe user can be able to start a chat also if the department is offline. LHC works in this way. In my live helper chat installation I enabled the leave messagfe so when a department is offline user can send only an email to the support and cannot start a chat.

#12 2017-01-25 16:26:05

nuno-m-caeiro

I got your mean PeopleInside, althouth im talking about 4 operatores who belong to the same departament, they are both logged on in the backend, 3 of them are online and ready to accept chat requests and just one of them is Offline (http://www.nunocaeiro.com/img/notifications.png). The one who is Offline doesnt want to be bother with chat request notifications, thats why he changed his status from Online to Offline while the other 3 Operators who are still Online continue to receive chat request notifications.

#13 2017-01-25 16:58:05

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

nuno-m-caeiro wrote:

I got your mean PeopleInside, althouth im talking about 4 operatores who belong to the same departament, they are both logged on in the backend, 3 of them are online and ready to accept chat requests and just one of them is Offline (http://www.nunocaeiro.com/img/notifications.png). The one who is Offline doesnt want to be bother with chat request notifications, thats why he changed his status from Online to Offline while the other 3 Operators who are still Online continue to receive chat request notifications.

This can be a live helper chat issue. Maybe a GitHub topic is needed.
But here I have to see another problem... if an offline operator does not receive chat than if the works hours online chat department is active... the offline operator cannot receive chats.

You can try to report this issue in GitHub.

This should be discussed better because in your case you may not using online working hours but I AM using this... and I AM not online with my operator profile but I can receive and accept chats thanks to this function who allow me to receive chat also if operator is offline.

In your case I don't know... Maybe should be added a function for let the operator decide to not receive chat when himself is offline.

GitHub report created for you: https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … issues/972

#14 2017-01-25 17:18:45

nuno-m-caeiro

Thanks that's exactly my mean PeopleInside! I'm not using department working hours feature in this project which means i have 4 Operators at the moment both from the same department and same roles/rules: 3 of them are online/available for chatting and the other 1 is offline/unavailable which despite being logged on in the backend doesn't want to be bother with new chat request notifications.

"in your case you may not using online working hours but I AM using this (...) I can receive and accept chats thanks to this function who allow me to receive chat also if operator is offline."
Good! Looks like for you is a vantage feature! smile

I just subscribed this thread on Github. Thank you so  much for all the support!

Cheers from Lisbon my friend! wink
NC

Last edited by nuno-m-caeiro (2017-01-25 17:19:55)

Board footer