Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-05-25 21:40:59

PaulZ

Proactive invitation question

Hello,

I have a rather simple question:
How can I customize the pro-active invitations per URL?

In my case, I have a multilingual site so I need to ensure that messages are different for the different versions of the site. In addition to this, I want to make sure the messages are customized to suit the page.

So, for example:
www.example.com/en/page1.html
Should display message after 30 seconds: "Hello, do you have any questions about us?"

And another page in another language would have another message:
www.example.com/lt/contact.html
Should display message after 30 seconds: "Labas!"

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 2016-05-25 21:44:06

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Proactive invitation question

Hi PaulZ,
thanks for your post. You need to navigate into pro active and try all option available.
You can also check: https://livehelperchat.com/ultimate-tut … -217a.html
https://livehelperchat.com/pro-active-c … -138a.html

If you need more specific help maybe you can consider commercial support: https://livehelperchat.com/support-13c.html as you need advanced configuration.
Tru to navigate in settings and see if what you want do is possible smile

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2016-05-25 21:51:01

PaulZ

Hello Marco,

Thanks for the answer... But that's the thing, I don't see an option for a specific URL.
There is an option for "Referrer domain", but I don't think that this is a place to put a specific URL.

Thanks,

#4 2016-05-25 21:57:37

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi PaulZ, there are identifier field but I cannot find documentation about this.

This is an open source project, chat owner are very busy and cannot help here right now... I cannot give help about this. All you can do is requesting this function in a future version but at the moment all seems to be frozen. There are several BUG unresolved... waiting for FIX and to be flagged as bug on GitHub.

Sorry, I cannot help you with specific URL and pro active, seems this is not possible at the moment.

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2016-09-21 14:51:01

waftom

Hi PaulZ, I got this problem too and I found a solution, kind of simple actually, using the "Identifier, for what identifier this message should be shown, leave empty for all" field, you can add any text there and add in the widget <script> the identifier dynamically using PHP. It can be a little confusing but it's not, let's using some code:

<?php
$url_chat = '';  //variable that will have the identifier text
if(strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '<identifier_text>') !== false)  //compare if the the current page is the right one
    $url_chat = '(identifier)/<identifier_text>/';  //add the identifier to the variable
?>
<script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptions = {};
LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500,domain:'<your site domain>'};
(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
var referrer = (document.referrer) ? encodeURIComponent(document.referrer.substr(document.referrer.indexOf('://')+1)) : '';
var location  = (document.location) ? encodeURIComponent(window.location.href.substring(window.location.protocol.length)) : '';
po.src = '//<your site domain>/index.php/chat/getstatus/(click)/internal/(position)/bottom_right/(ma)/br/(check_operator_messages)/true/(top)/350/(units)/pixels/(leaveamessage)/true/(department)/2/<?php echo $url_chat;  //add the variable content to the script ?>(theme)/1?r='+referrer+'&l='+location;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();
</script>

This way you can add any amount of different pro active messages to any different pages, you just have to add more ifs in the php. Hope it helps.

#6 2018-06-19 16:00:22

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi waftom,
thank you for your post: seems very helpful!

I included your reply on a new FAQ on the forum: https://forum.livehelperchat.com/viewto … 125#p12125

Board footer