Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-05-17 05:09:09

Dan Zicom

User closes chat and resumes...opens new session.

Hi,
I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to work, but if user closes the chat window by hitting the X, then if they open the chat window again and hit resume, it sends another chat request to admin. Is there a way to have it so it just continues the same chat in the admin section and dings instead of starting a new session?
Seems people will close their chat box window using the X and when they hit the 'Live help is online... and then hit resume, it is not a true resume.
And now actually what I noticed is, in the admin by clicking the 'i' I can see the text from the old chat, but when I try to click on the image to open the chat, it does nothing. However if I go to the first chat and type something in the old chat in the admin, it will come through and start working again from the old chat.
So my question would be is there a way to make it so a resumed chat would remain in the same window in the admin and just ding as if they customer has asked another question?
Thanks Daniel

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … iaA2kaGPIY

#2 2014-05-17 07:30:43

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: User closes chat and resumes...opens new session.

1. And now actually what I noticed is, in the admin by clicking the 'i' I can see the text from the old chat, but when I try to click on the image to open the chat, it does nothing. However if I go to the first chat and type something in the old chat in the admin, it will come through and start working again from the old chat.

Need more steps to reproduce. Follow http://livehelperchat.com/how-to-report-a-bug-properly-310a.html

2. As for resume, perhaps i will add some options to choose what to do. Keep status chat as it was, or reopen.

Board footer