Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-05-19 22:52:54

Paul Smith

Changing Tool Tip Box

I have read through the following documentation http://livehelperchat.com/need-help-tool-tip-configuration-280a.html and followed this instruction:

How do i change general tooltip style?

Either override using important flag.Either override tooltip template https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat/blob/master/lhc_web/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/getstatus/we_here.tpl.phpHere is the code changes I made inside lhchat/getstatus/we_here.tpl.php:getInstance()->getTranslation('chat/getstatus','Have a Question?')?>';
var subTitleText = (typeof LHCChatOptions.opt.nh_sub_title_text != 'undefined') ? LHCChatOptions.opt.nh_sub_title_text : '<?php echo erTranslationClassLhTranslation::getInstance()->getTranslation('chat/getstatus','We would be very happy to answer it for you!')?>';

I then uploaded the changed file into design/customtheme/tpl/lhchat/getstatus but it isn't working.  What am I doing wrong?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … j-wIwFtzBo

#2 2014-05-20 00:35:24

Paul Smith

Re: Changing Tool Tip Box

I discovered that notepad++ was'nt saving the file as .tpl.php until I made changes to the notpad++ config settings and tried again but still no luck.  I confirmed that the file is being uploaded as ascii and not binary.

#3 2014-05-20 01:01:06

Paul Smith

Okay I was placing my changes in the wrong place it seems.  Here is my changed code that worked for me, change the "undefined" boxes to make it work.

if (lhc_hnh == null || lhc_hnh == undefined || parseInt(lhc_hnh) < <?php echo time()?>) {
var titleText = (typeof LHCChatOptions.opt.nh_title_text != 'Have a Question') ? LHCChatOptions.opt.nh_title_text : '<?php echo erTranslationClassLhTranslation::getInstance()->getTranslation('chat/getstatus','Need help?')?>';
var subTitleText = (typeof LHCChatOptions.opt.nh_sub_title_text != 'We will do our best to answer it!') ? LHCChatOptions.opt.nh_sub_title_text : '<?php echo erTranslationClassLhTranslation::getInstance()->getTranslation('chat/getstatus','Our staff is always ready to help')?>';

Now to try and figure out how to change the border and tryangle to my colors next.

On Monday, May 19, 2014 1:52:54 PM UTC-7, Paul Smith wrote:

#4 2014-05-20 02:54:26

Paul Smith

Well I guess I'm going to need some direction with changing the border and triangle colors of the tool tip box.  I've tried to change this code in we_here.tpl.php and widget_overrides.php files but neither seem to do the job.  Should I be looking for a different file to change?  I have browsed all the files in the design folder but haven't found any other reference to the code needed.

#lhc_need_help_container{width:235px;border-radius:20px;background:#004e72;position:absolute;color:#fff;padding:10px;border:1px solid #004e72;margin-top:-105px;}#lhc_need_help_container:hover{background-color:#004e72}#lhc_need_help_container:hover #lhc_need_help_triangle{border-top-color:#004e72}'+
'#lhc_need_help_triangle{width: 0;height: 0;border-left: 20px solid transparent;border-right: 10px solid transparent;border-top: 15px solid #004e72;position:absolute;bottom:-14px;}'+
'#lhc_need_help_close{float:right;border-radius:10px;background:#004e72;padding:0px 6px;color:#FFF;right:10px;font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;margin-top:0px;line-height:20px}#lhc_need_help_close:hover{background-color:#004e72F;}'+
'#lhc_need_help_image{padding-right:10px;float:left;cursor:pointer;}#lhc_need_help_image img{border-radius:30px;border:1px solid #004e72}#lhc_need_help_main_title{font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;cursor:pointer;line-height:1.5}#lhc_need_help_sub_title{cursor:pointer;line-height:1.5}';

#5 2014-05-20 06:49:35

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

it's just CSS, the only advice read CSS manual :DLike i wrote in manual more easier just overrides these styles directly in your site CSS using !important flag.

#6 2014-05-20 20:33:13

Paul Smith

Okay here is your css taken from the we_here.tpl.php file which is what your manual is telling me to change:

#lhc_need_help_container{width:235px;border-radius:20px;background:#92B830;position:absolute;color:#Fff;padding:10px;border:1px solid #dbe257;margin-top:-105px;}

And here is what I am putting in my stylesheet:
#lhc_need_help_container{width:235px;border-radius:20px;background:#00a8e2;position:absolute;color:#Fff;padding:10px;border:1px solid #004e72;margin-top:-105px !important}

According to my research from the css manual this should work but it isn't.  I even tried to change the actual css inside the defaulttemplate we_here.tpl.php file and that didn't work.   

Yet if I add just this to my stylesheet the background changes just fine:
#lhc_need_help_container{background:#00a8e2 !important;}

So it seems that the css for changing the border color is wrecking the css as a whole and I see the original background color and border color.  I have never had issues using the border:1px solid #004e72; code before in anything else I've used it in so something is wrong with this setup in your script (I assume).  Please help me with this as I am tearing my hair out trying to figure it out.   

#7 2014-05-20 20:48:29

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi two things
1. Make sure you are editing correct template
2. Try clearing cache from back office.

#8 2014-05-20 07:54:56

Paul Smith

Yeah I know it's just css but what is the point of you creating a place
to customize your code if I have to keep placing it in my own style
sheet (bloat)?  I thought you stated in your manual that the purpose of
your design/customtheme directory was to place all customizations in
there to avoid loosing them when you upgrade?  Is that not the case?
As you can see by the code below all I did was change your style color
elements.  Even when I uploaded the file into the
design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/we_here.tpl.php file it didn't work so
somewhere it is being overridden by some of your code in another file.
If that is not the right css code that changes the look of the border
and tryangle of the tool tip box then why not tell me that instead of
telling me to brush up on my css?  If you have the time to answer my
post surely you have the time to point me to the correct file(s).
Don't mean to sound condescending but I am trying to figure out your
system and it isn't easy whether you or other developers think it is or
not. Try looking at it from a non-developer's view.

Remigijus Kiminas wrote:

#9 2014-05-23 06:35:56

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

we_here.tpl yes it's correct file
If you do no see changes, clear your browser cache. Don't know what else it can be. Just two
1. Either you are editing wrong file. E.g you have created an overide template but editing wrong one file
2. Did not disabled cache in settings.ini.php file

Board footer