Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-05-25 10:54:06

Graham Foster-Brown

gtalk? hangouts? google?

Ok
So I got
Settings updated×XMPP message was sent succesfuly× XMPP activeand i also got

XMPP message was sent succesfuly× XMPP activeXMPP Message contentXMPPGTalk Use GTalk for messagingNow this is so beyomnd my brain but anyway

So i know where I an going and what I am trying to achieve

when this part is setup if somone opens a chat on a site it will send a message to what was gtalk and now is my hangouts massanger window?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … cIP4lxW08o

#2 2014-05-25 11:19:59

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: gtalk? hangouts? google?

Hi,

In general yes. While testing  just switch to old chat interface. Then you will be sure you are receiving messages, you can switch back to new hangout interface.

I also noticed it works better, if recipient and sender are two different accounts. One account for sending xmpp messages and another real user account to receiving them. Just play around. But this part 100% works. And some of the users are using it actively smile

#3 2014-05-26 00:55:24

Graham Foster-Brown

Re: gtalk? hangouts? google?

Nope I cant get it working properly I will have to give up for now or wait until I can justify paying somone to set it up or setaside a whole weekend to battle my way through Thanks for all your help so far It looks like a really good program G

Board footer