Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-09-13 18:56:47

MDY88

To many AJAX requests [PLEASE HELP]

Hello.

I am using LHC on one of my servers for 6 different online stores.

My server was put into cach mode since LHC was making to many AJAX Reuqests.
The email i got: Automated TOS/CPU : Cached
IN MAIL MASSEGE:
"Your account has been abusing CPU resources for an extended period of time. As a result all of your sites have been cached in order to ensure continued performance stability of the server. While we do limit each account to no more than 25% of a system's CPU in our terms of service, we do not actively take actions against accounts until they greatly exceed that number, which is what happened in this case."
Then the list of problematic requests, all ware from the LHC system.

COUNCLUSION OF THE HOSTING PROVIDER:
"This restriction, and your heavy CPU use, are certainly due to the AJAX requests relating to chat software installed in several of your sites. Sites particularly active with these requests during the hour that led to this suspension. AJAX in general is poorly suited for shared hosting, due to the very poor scaling of CPU use per active user of the feature with shared server configurations."

I managed to talk thing over with the provider and i had to promise that this will not happon again but now when i take a look at the server CPU it is running very very high, about 900.000 CPU secounds.

What should i do in order no to get my server put into cach mode again? Should i just delete the Chat system?

Please help.

#2 2015-09-13 19:00:26

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: To many AJAX requests [PLEASE HELP]

Well, not much you be able to do especially on shared hosting. For these hardcore usage there is node plugin. Which removes many of AJAX calls. Also you can disable automatic messages check from operators. Then proactive invitations won't work instantly and will require pageview. But will save a lot of requests. In general it's better just have something like digital ocean or other VPS provider for LHC and user NodeJS. In any case just try to disable automatic messages check from operator and if still not help, disable online visitors tracking.

#3 2015-09-13 19:04:04

MDY88

Hello.

Thank you for your fast response.

Node plugin, where do i get that?

I have alredy disabled online tracking, did not really help that much i will disable the automatic messages check from operator if this will make any difference.

#4 2015-09-13 19:37:03

remdex
Administrator
Website

https://livehelperchat.com/node.js-supp … -255a.html

But it requires VPS in any case. These things you disabled should help in general. Like if you open console the only two request should be on each page view. But no consecutive request.

#5 2015-09-13 19:46:14

MDY88

Thanks alot!  smile

Will see what comes out of this. Will post the anwser.

Board footer