Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-09-11 15:17:52

eldarberserker

departments on different widgets or department selector on widget

Hi
i've been trying to add 3 different widgets, for chat, for different departments with no luck. this is a small company that's starting. so i was trying to implement chat for the support department (3 ppl), sales (1 p) and billing issues (1 p) 
and i need to separate this in 3 widgets, or find a way to implement a department selector on chat widget... has anybody been able to do this?

i tried on duplicating the code, changing the department id, and top location, but i can only get the first chat rendered, the other buttons doesn't even show.
this widgets will be located in client's panel where they can access all of their information (billing, buy new products, tickets, or chat support for their services)

#2 2015-09-12 05:41:40

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: departments on different widgets or department selector on widget

Sorry, but it's really kinda hard to understand.

https://livehelperchat.com/how-do-i-con … -246a.html

Basically in embed code generation you can choose multiple departments at once. Or if you won't chose any lhc will render department selection cobmobox itself.

#3 2015-09-12 16:57:53

eldarberserker

Re: departments on different widgets or department selector on widget

Thanks for the answer

i was trying to get exactly what you describe about embed code...
but for some reason i'm not getting the department selector combobox. not in widget or embed on the site. is there any special config to activate this combobox?

im using LHC version 2.37

[UPDATE]
Checking departments.. i realize that i had the other departments hidden, that's why i couldn't get the render of the combobox.
my bad.

Board footer