Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-08-11 11:11:20

XMS Systems

Showing website visitors to all assigned departments.

Good day,
I have a problem where one chat operator is assigned to 3 different departments.
One of these is on a different site.

I am using the "identifyer" option in the code to id the site the visitor is on.

I have "Allow operator to view online visitors" assigned as a role option and the operator is assigned to the role.
Now the problem is the operator can not see online visitors from all the sites which has departments that he is assigned to unless I assign "Operator can see all online visitors, not only his department" permission to the role.

Surely that can't be right or am I missing something?

#2 2015-08-11 19:39:48

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Showing website visitors to all assigned departments.

Well the basic thing. If you are setup this way. In order for operator to see departments, online visitor record has to be assigned to some department.

But thing is I'm afraid it won't work as you wish. I took a glance at a code. Only first department is assigned to online visitor if there is more than one provided.

Basically embed code has to have this part
/(department)/1 - department 1 will be assigned and user will see this department
/(department)/1/2 - department 1 will be assigned and user wont see department 2 online users because only first is assigned.

But if let say your setup is like
Site 1
/(department)/1

Site 2
/(department)/2

Site 3
/(department)/3

If operator is assigned to 1,2,3 departments he will see correctly online users then he choose top search bar by department.

I'm not sure does all this makes sense to you smile

#3 2015-08-13 08:14:10

XMS Systems

It makes perfectly sense thanks. However I think it is a shortcoming in the program then.
Lets have the following scenario for one site only as an example.
Department 1 is Sales
Department 2 is Accounts
Department 3 is Support

The user is assigned departments 2 and 3. If the visitors visits a support article the user will not be able to see where the visitor is because the visitor has automatically been assigned to department 1. Only becoming visible when the visitor initiates a chat session. By that time I could have known what the footprint is and possibly know what the visitor is looking and be in a position to help them on their way a lot quicker.

I would have thought that any visitor would be visible to any user that is assigned any department to that specific site.
In other words instead of filtering by default on department, filter initially by website/identifyer.

Being able to see where the visitor is on the site helps a lot when pushing an invitation to chat.

I really enjoy your application and even made a contribution towards the development and believe that constructive criticism with proper motivation could make your application even better. Building an app according to the needs of your users instead to the needs of perceived needs.
Thats my point of view for my applications anyway.  smile

#4 2015-08-13 08:20:08

remdex
Administrator
Website

Yes,

Your explain is the same as I explained. Just at the moment it works that way. Perhaps in the future i'll think how to change. Just supporting 1 - n relation requires additional table and some hardcore changes, so it's not so easy smile

#5 2015-08-13 08:59:25

XMS Systems

Actually the simplest way would be to expand your "group" table and add an extra field for domain or if you want the identifier
The integration code already have the option to generate the embed code for a specific domain or identifier.

Now all you need is to check if the logged in user is in the group that corresponds with the domain/identifier name in the embedded code and display.

The rest stays as is and the user can still filter on the departments if he so wish. You don't make any changes there.

#6 2015-08-13 15:19:30

remdex
Administrator
Website

Well, at the moment there is no option to filter by identifier in online visitors list. Hmm need to think off, but no promises definetely you. Can also fill github issue with link to this topic just, so it won't get lost.

Board footer