Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-07-30 12:59:35

Sreekesh D

"Chat was deleted" message in widget.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I am using standalone version of LHC with PostgreSQL database. The widget embed code is included for multiple pages under the same domain.

The issue I'm facing with is:

1. Visitor fills in the widget chat form in the index page of the domain and starts a chat.
2. The operator accepts the chat.
3. The visitor chats with operator for information and moves to the next page of the domain.
4. The message "chat was deleted" is displayed within the widget.
5. But on clicking restore button of chat widget, the chat content exists in the popup widget and becomes accessible.
6. On clicking close button of chat popup widget, the "chat was deleted" message is shown again.

P.S:
The same scenario works flawlessly for LHC configured with MySQL database.

#2 2015-07-30 17:55:05

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: "Chat was deleted" message in widget.

Hi,

Sorry but I could not reproduce your issue. So no way to help. Most likely you have just misconfigured something in your LHC instance... But no idea what...

#3 2015-07-31 14:21:42

Sreekesh D

Hi,

I tried to debug the components and found out that the error occurs only for the widget pane and it results due to an exception thrown in the /lhc_web/modules/lhchat/chatwidgetchat.php.

The exception message that occurs is:

A query failed internally in Persistent Object: SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 7 ERROR:  value too long for type character varying(100) Query: 'UPDATE "lh_chat" SET "nick" = :ezcValue1, "status" = :ezcValue2, "status_sub" = :ezcValue3, "time" = :ezcValue4, "user_id" = :ezcValue5, "hash" = :ezcValue6, "ip" = :ezcValue7, "referrer" = :ezcValue8, "dep_id" = :ezcValue9, "email" = :ezcValue10, "user_status" = :ezcValue11, "support_informed" = :ezcValue12, "country_code" = :ezcValue13, "country_name" = :ezcValue14, "user_typing" = :ezcValue15, "user_typing_txt" = :ezcValue16, "operator_typing" = :ezcValue17, "operator_typing_id" = :ezcValue18, "phone" = :ezcValue19, "has_unread_messages" = :ezcValue20, "last_user_msg_time" = :ezcValue21, "last_msg_id" = :ezcValue22, "mail_send" = :ezcValue23, "lat" = :ezcValue24, "lon" = :ezcValue25, "city" = :ezcValue26, "additional_data" = :ezcValue27, "session_referrer" = :ezcValue28, "wait_time" = :ezcValue29, "chat_duration" = :ezcValue30, "chat_variables" = :ezcValue31, "priority" = :ezcValue32, "chat_initiator" = :ezcValue33, "user_tz_identifier" = :ezcValue34, "user_closed_ts" = :ezcValue35, "online_user_id" = :ezcValue36, "unread_messages_informed" = :ezcValue37, "reinform_timeout" = :ezcValue38, "wait_timeout" = :ezcValue39, "wait_timeout_repeat" = :ezcValue40, "wait_timeout_send" = :ezcValue41, "timeout_message" = :ezcValue42, "transfer_timeout_ts" = :ezcValue43, "transfer_if_na" = :ezcValue44, "transfer_timeout_ac" = :ezcValue45, "na_cb_executed" = :ezcValue46, "fbst" = :ezcValue47, "nc_cb_executed" = :ezcValue48, "remarks" = :ezcValue49, "operation" = :ezcValue50, "operation_admin" = :ezcValue51, "screenshot_id" = :ezcValue52, "tslasign" = :ezcValue53, "chat_locale" = :ezcValue54, "chat_locale_to" = :ezcValue55 WHERE "id" = :ezcValue56'

The issue is with a very large text value being assigned to COLUMN user_typing_text of TABLE lh_chat. It's current capacity is character varying(100).

This issue occurs only in chatwidgetchat.php module.

I altered the size of COLUMN user_typing_text to character varying(1000) and the exception did not occur.

#4 2015-07-31 18:25:34

remdex
Administrator
Website

Thanks for report. I'll add some checks for field length in PHP code to avoid this situation. I ques MySQL just cut's it. But in postgresql case we get error.

Anyway thank's again!

Here is related github report I have filled
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … issues/733

Board footer