Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-07-15 16:18:46

Stefano

Live help embed code - Page embed code ISSUES

Hello,
I installed the chat on my website and the process was succesfull.
For my purpose I must use the embed code to embed the chat on a page of my website.
I am experiencing two separate issues:
1) the attachment "a" shows the supposed correct chat visualization. When we test the chat, though, the chat visualization is often incorrect.
i.e. the attachment "b" often appears instead of the "a". this issue is totally random and I cannot control/solve it.
2) when the chat appears correctly (as in attachment "a") if the user clicks on the "close" button (the button next to the "BB Code" one) the chat refreshes as seen in attachment "c". The chat isn't visualised in its entirety (as you can see from the attachment "c").

Image a:
1436976951_a.png
Image b:
1436976978_b.png
Image c:
1436976994_c.png

This is the code I am using to embed the chat on my page:

[== JavaScript ==]
<!-- Place this tag where you want the Live Helper Plugin to render. -->
<div id="lhc_status_container_page" ></div>

<!-- Place this tag after the Live Helper Plugin tag. -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptionsPage = {};
LHCChatOptionsPage.opt = {};
(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
po.src = '//www.example.it/lhc_web/index.php/chat/getstatusembed/(department)/1';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();
</script>

Thank you in advance for all the help you can provide.

Last edited by Stefano (2015-07-15 16:20:06)

#2 2015-07-15 18:14:56

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Live help embed code - Page embed code ISSUES

Hi,

I tried to reproduce your issue just couldn't. So no way to reproduce = no way to fix
Perhaps you are running some older version, can you reproduce it with our demo site?

#3 2015-07-15 18:30:47

Stefano

Hi,
I'm sure the version is the latest. However in which way i can reproduce (with emebed code) the chat like is in your demo site (https://demo.livehelperchat.com/index.php)? in my website the style change randomly.

Thank you

#4 2015-07-15 18:32:04

remdex
Administrator
Website

Just generate embed code from demo.livehelperchat.com and try to embed it. Just i could not reproduce it any way so just cannot fix what cannot reproduce...

Board footer