Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-06-25 12:35:57

josef

Chats session open in multiple tabs over different departments

Hello,

For testing purposes I set up a couple of departments and themes on different subdomains but I am seeing that some chat sessions are opening the widget between the subdomains when i have multiple tabs open. This means that the chat session opens the widget with the chat history if a chat session is open in another tab even if the other widget is pointing to a different department, is this a bug or the desired behaviour? Shouldn't the session only keep open if the visitor is opening a widget that specifies the same department?

This is the behaviour

User opens a browser tab and navigates to subdomain1 and opens a chat, the page has a widget with "theme 1" pointing to "department 1"
User opens another browser tab and navigates to subdomain 2, it has a widget with "theme 2" pointing to "department 2". Sometimes the chat from subdomain 1 opens up in this scenario, operator still sees the chat as ongoing with "department 1".

Any pointers?

#2 2015-06-25 14:49:31

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Chats session open in multiple tabs over different departments

Hi,

That's correct behaviour because cookies are set for all domain including subdomain. You can set precise cookie subdomain in embed code generation window. Just enter "For what domain you are generating embed code?" value like

E.g, so cookie will be set just for this subdomain.
test1.example.com

Board footer