Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-06-12 17:08:06

joe....@lv.com

Disable Enter to send chat message - IE8

Hi All,
I'm having some trouble with the tool and IE8.
Basically my issue is that when using the chat IE8 will crash for the user when replying to messages.
I have narrowed this issue down and have found that when the user types a message and presses enter to send it, IE will crash, if they type the message and click on the send button it works fine and the message is sent.
My operators will be using chrome so this is not an issue on the backend.
if its possible please can you tell me how i can disable the enter to send message feature on the user pages? if its disabled globally that ok but if it could be only on the user pages that would be better.
thank you for your help
Joe

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … qml3OkZ3fE

#2 2014-06-13 11:53:04

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: Disable Enter to send chat message - IE8

Sorry but here works. I tried with IE debugger.
You should look at this line.
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat/blob/master/lhc_web/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/chat.tpl.php#L51

In general IE8 is not support by LHC. So use it at your own risk smile

#3 2014-06-13 11:59:08

joe....@lv.com

Hi Rem,
Thanks for getting back to me, i'd rather not be using IE8 :-( but in my situation its a company standard.
i did manage to find that the other day but wasn't sure what it did so left it alone :-p i'll try commenting out that line to see if that works
thank you for your help smile

#4 2014-06-13 12:13:26

joe....@lv.com

Thats fixed it, thank you

#5 2014-06-13 12:19:14

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Just i suggest comment out the content not whole script like in main lhc.js there is callback to unattatch event. So just make sure there is no js error after users closes a widget.

#6 2014-06-13 12:23:08

joe....@lv.com

so would you suggest doing it like this
<script type="text/javascript">        <!--              jQuery('#CSChatMessage').bind('keydown', 'return', function (evt){              lhinst.addmsguser();              return false;              });-->        lhinst.initTypingMonitoringUser('<?php echo $chat_id?>');        </script>
or this<!--        <script type="text/javascript">
        <!--jQuery('#CSChatMessage').bind('keydown', 'return', function (evt){            lhinst.addmsguser();            return false;        });-->        lhinst.initTypingMonitoringUser('<?php echo $chat_id?>');        </script>-->
or another way
thanks again

#7 2015-05-29 08:27:44

Shawn

I try

Board footer