Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-04-25 02:14:36

devman

Operator can send chat but not receive

Recently updated from 2.27 to 2.30.  Automated Hosting is installed and seems to be functioning fine. 

On the main site (not an instance) chat administrator can chat fine, but Operators within a department can send chat messages but do not get replies.  They also can not see pending chats.

Server does not recognize that the operator is online and available.

There are no errors that I can find.  Tried deleting and recreating the operator user account.

This is what the server is returning to the syncadmininterface (Cyndi is the operator- pending_chats is empty but there are 4 pending chats):

{"error":"false","result":{"active_chats":{"list":[]},"pending_chats":{"list":[],"nick":"Visitor","msg":"New chat request","last_id_identifier":"pending_chat","last_id":0},"transfer_chats":{"list":[],"last_id_identifier":"transfer_chat","last_id":0},"transfer_dep_chats":{"list":[],"last_id_identifier":"transfer_chat","last_id":0},"online_op":{"list":[{"id":"7","user_id":"1","dep_id":"1","hide_online":"0","last_activity":"1429927247","last_accepted":"0","active_chats":"0","user":{"id":"1","username":null,"password":null,"email":null,"name":"Allan","filepath":null,"filename":null,"surname":"D.","job_title":null,"skype":null,"xmpp_username":null,"disabled":"0","hide_online":"0","all_departments":"0","invisible_mode":"1","time_zone":"","rec_per_req":"0","lastactivity_ago":"0 s.","lastactivity":1429927247}},{"id":"9","user_id":"5","dep_id":"2","hide_online":"0","last_activity":"1429927237","last_accepted":"0","active_chats":"0","user":{"id":"5","username":null,"password":null,"email":null,"name":"Cyndi","filepath":null,"filename":null,"surname":"S.","job_title":null,"skype":null,"xmpp_username":null,"disabled":"0","hide_online":"0","all_departments":"0","invisible_mode":"0","time_zone":"America\/Kentucky\/Louisville","rec_per_req":"0","lastactivity_ago":"10 s.","lastactivity":1429927237}}]},"unread_chats":{"msg":"New unread message","nick":"Visitor","last_id":0,"last_id_identifier":"unread_chat","list":[]}}}

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

#2 2015-04-25 04:58:37

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Operator can send chat but not receive

Most likely mis-configured something just.... I cannot ques like that what's the problem...

#3 2015-04-25 16:08:07

devman

Any way to "Reset to Defaults"?

#4 2015-04-25 16:09:40

remdex
Administrator
Website

No,

Just check that operator has assigned departments. Really impossible to tell without taking a look.

#5 2015-04-25 16:28:41

devman

When trying to do an operator to operator chat the following with full html tags is displayed in the message input box ( 2.30, debug true, caching off):

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined variable: msg in <b>/var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/startchatwithoperator.tpl.php</b> on line <b>11</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Trying to get property of non-object in <b>/var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/startchatwithoperator.tpl.php</b> on line <b>11</b><br />

Is this a configuration issue or a bug?

Last edited by devman (2015-04-25 16:29:28)

#6 2015-04-25 16:39:36

remdex
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Recently I changed that i could see notices in templates. So by itself it's a bug. But I do not think it has anything to do with your issue. Basically you can disable debug output and see does it happens. Perhaps it will help.

#7 2015-04-25 19:25:28

devman

I have found that the operator that has an issue can only see all Pending Chats if "All Departments" is selected.  There are only two departments and if just both of the departments are selected the operator can not see any pending.

I found an issue with the Departments that I am not sure how to solve.
There are two Departments: Support and Sales

In the Embed Widget the only selections are: Any and Support.  Sales is not listed.

Is it possible to delete a Department and recreate?  I see no delete button.

Is there a setting that would cause a Department to not be available in selection in embed widget?

I examined all the fields in the database and both departments have similar values.

These errors are in the nginx error log:
2015/04/25 12:27:20 [error] 29115#0: *173327 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: msg in /var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/startchatwithoperator.tpl.php on line 11
PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/startchatwithoperator.tpl.php on line 11" while reading response header from upstream, client: 68.2.238.7, server: manager.example.com, request: "GET /index.php/site_admin/chat/startchatwithoperator/1 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "manager.example.com"
2015/04/25 12:27:23 [error] 29115#0: *173327 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Strict Standards:  Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/lib/core/lhdepartament/lhuserdep.php on line 73" while reading response header from upstream, client: 68.2.238.7, server: manager.example.com, request: "POST /index.php/site_admin/chat/startchatwithoperator/1 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "manager.example.com", referrer: "https://manager.example.com/index.php/s … operator/1"
2015/04/25 12:27:24 [error] 29115#0: *173327 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhchat/part/canned_messages_action.tpl.php on line 19" while reading response header from upstream, client: 68.2.238.7, server: manager.example.com, request: "GET /index.php/site_admin/chat/adminchat/58?_=1429979242751 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "manager.example.com", referrer: "https://manager.example.com/index.php/s … /single/58"
2015/04/25 14:29:44 [error] 29116#0: *179731 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(cache/compiledtemplates/2741742023d9f6dec05a9b3a70177c4d.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/lib/core/lhtpl/tpl.php on line 530
PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening 'cache/compiledtemplates/2741742023d9f6dec05a9b3a70177c4d.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/chatserver/lhc_web/lib/core/lhtpl/tpl.php on line 530" while reading response header from upstream, client: 68.2.238.7, server: manager.example.com, request: "GET /index.php/site_admin/user/userlist HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "manager.example.com", referrer: "https://manager.example.com/index.php/s … ser/edit/5"

Just to be clear the only way I can get a user who should only be a member of the Sales group to work properly is to assign All Departments to the user.

These issues started after the upgrade to 2.3.  Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by devman (2015-04-25 19:33:58)

#8 2015-04-25 19:38:44

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but you will have to read docs. If client tried to use Round Robin algorithm for load balancing most likely he messed up the things. Because in that case he has explicitly check what departments he can see. So as i told just misconfiguration.
https://livehelperchat.com/how-to-setup … -322a.html

And notices stuff I'll fix.

#9 2015-04-26 20:38:40

devman

Regarding all the groups not displaying on the Embed Widget page: I made an assumption that the first User created was a full administrator/super user and would always have all rights and settings enabled.  After digging through the code and finding that the Department selection field was based on a user's current setting, I found that the administrator's Department was set to only Support.  Once set to All Departments both Support and Sales were listed in the Embed Widget Department field.

Regarding the user only belonging to Sales and not being able to see pending or chat correctly I ended up recreating the User, the Operator Role and reassigned the user in the Group.  The User now only belongs to Sales and has the "User can see all pending chats, not only assigned to him" enabled (this was enabled before too).  I am not exactly sure what changed, but the user can now see the pending chats and chat with the visitors properly.

I went through the documentation multiple times and still do not understand the some of the relationships between the rights and the round robin setting you mentioned.  There are only two users and neither of them would know how to set that up.

The "Working with users" document is sorely out of date.  I created a new version and sent it to you. It could still use a little more explanation of some of the settings, but perhaps you could update what is online now.

#10 2015-04-27 04:26:24

remdex
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Yes i got it I'll update as soon i find a free minit.

Board footer