Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2014-06-25 06:36:11

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: Share your ideas, what feature you are missing? (brainstorming)

Hi,

1. As for verification i have one idea, just write a plugin which listens for LHC events and returns error if user is not found. It could be used together with custom fields. I will prepare one sample extension for that case. So you will find in documentation. In a day or two.

2. As for windows app, yes it misses some of the features, just developing windows app takes a lot of more time and most of the time it's just bug fixes and some commercially supported features.

On 25 June 2014 02:42, Brendan Catlow <bca...***.vic.edu.au> wrote:

My thought would be to add either the capability to have a login on the chat window. The most prefered way would be to have that pass through LDAP/SAML (don't need smtp setup)

The other option have them do email verification before support.
I did read one article that had some details.
http://www.9lessons.info/2013/11/php-email-verification-script.html

it would be good for that type of level so only your users could chat. (lock it down to an organisation)if your users have a membership for the live support then you can even flag a group that you allow live chat for.

by far the best functionality in a live chat solution i have seen.Thank you Remi!

One small feature that i think is missing in the windows app is the rating system which you can see on the web. (thumbs up/thumbs down)

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:40:29 PM UTC+10, Remigijus Kiminas wrote:
Well, if you just could more briefly outline how you imagine verification process... I could see what i can do.

On 24 June 2014 09:14, Brendan Catlow <bca...***.vic.edu.au> wrote:

What are the chances you could have email verification added before they can chat?

scenario being some type of verification of the user within an institution to get more details before supporting them.

-- ...Sincerely,
Remigijus Kiminas

#27 2014-06-25 18:36:00

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

So, as for verifying user, read this article, and just play around.http://livehelperchat.com/how-to-verify-a-user-before-starting-a-chat-336a.html

Just perhaps one of your staff persons will have to tweak a little bit this extension according to your needs smile

#28 2014-06-27 15:26:37

raj sharma

How about spell checker at backend for operator and to have client time seen by operator so that he can wish them as per time zone smile but it is awesome

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:21:43 AM UTC+5:30, Remigijus Kiminas wrote:Hi all,

Basically what I ask all of you to share your ideas here, what feature you are missing for Live Helper Chat?. These features should be oriented for web client. Frontend/Backend. So flood me with your ideas here smile and perhaps some of them will be implemented if I find them cool and useful smile

Board footer