Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-07-05 17:57:52

David

public access url - updates - and file permissions

Hi,
I had a few questions for you..
Public Access:
i was working on an image to access the chat via url and i got the url from the js widget.   Thats not a problem the url is easy   mysite.com/livehelp/index.php/chat/  and it comes right up when you click the picture.
The problem is the first time i tried this i had the wrong url mysite.com/livehelp/index.php/chat/getstatus/ and when i accessed that as public i got a bunch of garbage on the screen, i did not take time to look at what it was it looked like js or some other coding. 
Question:  how do i block that (those files) from public access and still have the script run?  Can i do it with file permissions?  If so which folders do i need to do?  I dont want public access to any internal process files other than what they need to run the script.  Should i do it with just .htaccess in each folder, which folders should i do this to. 
What is your recommendation on this?

Updates:
During an update we used to change the settings file regarding the cache and then set it back when done with the update, but the new instructions done say that.  Do we still do that with settings?

File Permissions:
The last few updates we added some new folders and files, i believe in the var folder.  In your instructions you say to chmod the new files.  But you dont say what to set the permission to.  Is it 777, 644  just writable ?

Thanks so much smile

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … CMWBJsWPhI

#2 2014-07-05 17:59:40

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: public access url - updates - and file permissions

http://livehelperchat.com/how-to-remove-index.php-from-url-229a.html
Just writable is enough

#3 2014-07-05 19:08:09

David

Re: public access url - updates - and file permissions