Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-11-18 17:38:29

devman

Automated hosting - changing Login information

When editing an instance and changing the Username and Password on the Login Information tab, the new username and password is saved to the instance, but the page reloads with 'chatadmin' (the main site's user).  Is this by design to hide the instance name and password or should it display the newly entered login information?

#2 2014-11-18 18:01:46

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Automated hosting - changing Login information

Sorry, but this one did not understood smile

#3 2014-11-18 19:07:06

raj.sharma

*** I tried this but page does not reloads after unpdate of username and password I come back to same tab... so may be you need to look into the server error for report

#4 2014-11-19 16:38:50

devman

Yes this is confusing.

When I open a customer instance from the mail site and look at the Login information tab I see a Username which is the main admin for the manager, not the instance.  I have over 40 test instances and the Username is the same for each. Why is it not the username sent in the email to the customer?

If I enter a new Username and password, save and the page refreshes, the main administrator Username is displayed again instead of the Username just entered and saved.  The instance itself is updated with the username and password that was submitted.

I am not sure why the main admin username is displayed instead of the customer Username.

#5 2014-11-19 20:34:21

remdex
Administrator
Website

That's the browser issue not the form itself. Chrome detects this form as login form and just fills these fields with default your logins, it's not live helper which fills these two fields it's chrome Browser. Live helper always have these fields empty.

#6 2014-11-19 21:31:25

devman

Yup that is it.  Now I am embarrassed.  I was so intent troubleshooting I did not even think of the browser autofill.  So sorry....

One more item off the issue list.

Board footer