Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-10-29 16:50:31

gant

Multiple issues with my install

I have multiple little caveats and some issues symptomatic of some bigger, grave issue, with my install of LHC.

• The department list only shows one item, no matter the data in the actual table. They show up fine in the user edit screen and work properly when selecting them in widgets.

• I get a stylesheetless page with template variables visible every once in a while in the backend

I passed all the server requirements; is there anything I've missed or is either of those problems known?

#2 2014-10-29 16:56:01

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Multiple issues with my install

Hi,

1. Perhaps you generated embed code with preselected department
2. really don't know, never happens there

There is commercial support for these type of issues. At-least for first one, definitely mis-configuration. As for second no idea.

#3 2014-10-29 17:25:05

gant

I should clarify what I mean concerning the first issue: The list is not complete on /index.php/site_admin/departament/departaments and /index.php/site_admin/departament/edit/<not visible id> will forward me to the list. The department list in other places (selecting assigned departments) works fine. Not related to widgets at all, those are all single-department.

The other issue doesn't really occur that often, but when it does it happens on almost every page (but is fixed on that particular page upon reloading). Might be related to template caching (I haven't looked at the code, but it looks smarty)? Either way, it's not really making me feel like LHC is reliable enough for production use.

Last edited by gant (2014-10-29 17:26:00)

#4 2014-10-29 17:28:42

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but only for your it's not production ready. There are users with thousands of chats.

1. As for first as I told you just misconfigured. There is nothing to add more there. And I just have no time to give free support... So I help as much I can at forum.
2. Enable debug output and see what causes it what error you get. https://livehelperchat.com/during-some- … -215a.html

Stating it's not production ready, really kinda offensive...

#5 2014-10-30 08:29:22

gant

I'm sorry. I think you misunderstood. It's not reliable here. Which doesn't mean it's bad, it could be a really stupid PHP configuration thing (e.g. I had a half-working CLI script once that had used shortcodes half of the time, they were disabled in my php conf, which I noticed 15GB of logs later). Although I'd argue some things are obtrusive at times (e.g. proactive invitations need a label to show up, not to be saved though, it lacks new user/stupid user safeguards).

Once again, for the first issue, the problem is on the left, it shows all elements in other places. Manually navigating to the edit screens of those departments yields a redirect back.
mVvFPO5.png

I'll check the thing with debug mode and caching disabled later today, maybe that'll shed some light on this issue.

#6 2014-10-30 08:44:18

gant

The uncompiled template issue is apparently gone with caching disabled. This is fine, I don't need high performance. The department list doesn't show any errors. The debug log at the end only consists of erLhcoreClassDesign::designtpl and shop::default about how resources where not found and then found in the same place.

#7 2014-10-30 09:00:06

remdex
Administrator
Website

As for departments it's pure misconfiguration. Just remembar what have you changed.

#8 2014-10-30 09:22:53

gant

Oh, I see
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … ts.php#L10

Would make sense if admins could see everything as one can't selectively go online-offline for specific departments, an extra account will do just that but take it as a feature request.

Thanks for the timely support.

Last edited by gant (2014-10-30 09:23:17)

Board footer