Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-01-08 19:13:03

Max

Go offline if computer is idle for x minutes in application

Hello. First thank you very much for making a great open-source product!I searched many many google pages to find a good opensource solution. Firstly I found mibew.org, but I didn't like it, because I wanted my users to start chat inside site window.
I started using lhc on my new site, and now we have only two operators, me and other programmer :)And in our chat window, name and email fields are not required, only when offline. So if we both leave a workplace and will forget to go offline (100% will), we will loose customers.
Will be fine, if in application will be option like 'go offline if computer is idle for x minutes and go online if some activity appeared', and also maybe change the icon when online/offline, I can't understand if I am online till I access the menu.
Also in my mac every time message is received I receive 'Could not open media source' message, I have sound card installed smile
Please help me making this feature, I'll donate you guys when we will receive some funds on our new site.
Maybe it's possible to write a script, that will enable/disable this checkbox using qtbus... I don't know.We are using mac and win.
I think many people need this feature.
Also, guys you have big future, because open-source rocks! Just need to make app more user friendly
Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … MZV7wgCTAU

#2 2014-01-08 19:24:04

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: Go offline if computer is idle for x minutes in application

Hi,

Thanks for good words. Just interesting at what page you found live helper, that's the issue that we have mutch more features than mibew but it's kinda hard to find livehelper if you do not know what you are looking exactly.

Well, this would require enhancement desktop client functionality to detect general pc activity like mouse movement etc. But it's not in a scheduled at the moment. We have option to go offline directly from desktop client. Just i ques, it's not recompiled for mac yet. I will ask a user who compiled the first time to recompile.

Regarding "Could not open media source" make sure that you have installed phonon sound library. Also if you want to get rid of this message just rename sounds folder to something else.

Good luck smile

2014/1/8 Max <in...***.com>

#3 2014-01-08 19:56:05

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

You can try this desktop app, it has this option online offline in application itself. Also you will test it smile
https://github.com/remdex/livehelperchat/releases/download/1.74/lhc.app.zip

2014/1/8 Remigijus Kiminas <rem...***.com>

#4 2014-01-09 21:30:56

Max

In downloaded app, in about it shows 1.57 version.Can you post instructions for building app on mac? I installed the QT4.8 libs
Also I think it's possible to check and uncheck online/offline checkbox with qdbus, so maybe I'll write a script that will check computer activity and will tell to application go online or offline. Is it possible?

#5 2014-01-10 06:56:23

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Don't pay attention what writes about box. Most important that checkbox option go offline of online should be available.

2014/1/9 ArtActivator.com team <in...***.com>

#6 2014-01-15 21:02:15

Max

I know! Easiest solution to go online/offline, is to check xmpp status of user. But in xmpp client put go idle for x minutes smile

#7 2014-10-24 09:46:50

tomcat101

Remigijus Kiminas wrote:

Hi,

You can try this desktop app, it has this option online offline in application itself. Also you will test it smile
https://github.com/remdex/livehelpercha … hc.app.zip

;

Hi,
I'm very new here and I'm interested in the idle auto-logoff feature too. has it been implemented yet? How dos the desktop app work? I downloaded the zip and opened it, but I don't have a clue where it all should go.
Thanks

#8 2014-10-25 05:55:22

remdex
Administrator
Website

You will have to read documentation just
https://livehelperchat.com/how-to-go-of … -317a.html

Board footer