Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-10-09 13:26:10

martijn_invent

notification to operator trough xmpp

Hi,

I have some problems / questions with the XMPP notifications. Im using google talk to send the messages. All accounts are gmail accounts.

In the general xmpp settings an email (***.com) has been set.

In the sales department under notifications I have set an XMPP username ***.com 

I have made an operator that has the department sales and an XMPP username ***.com.

Now when someone starts a live chat on my website to the department sales I would like a XMPP notification to be sent to the operator in the sales department. However I receive a notification on the general address (***.com) that is sent FROM the sales department XMPP account: ***.com. This way operators in the sales department will never know a new chat is there for them.

How can I get this to work?

Also I have set email notifications, but the address being notified is the general department address, can I get the connected operators to receive a notification on their emailaddresses aswell?

Greetings!

#2 2014-10-09 17:02:19

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: notification to operator trough xmpp

Hi,

Seems this field XMPP username is just used by some third party plugin but it does not do anything in application itself.

Most logical would be just put recipients in department notification settings and separate recipients by comma.

You can check how i determine recipient by looking at this part of code
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … p.php#L189

Basically i check first for department recipients if not present then i check just recipient from xmpp settings, but seems i do not use at all this xmmp fields at user account at all. Just some extensions were using it i ques. Let say change user status offline online based on xmpp status, but nothing more.

#3 2014-10-15 09:01:51

martijn_invent

Hm, no it only keeps sending xmpp notifications to the address filled in under general xmpp settings site_admin/xmp/configuration. No matter what I fill in under department.

Can you point me to instructions on how to set up the gtalk for messaging under settings with a gmail account? I cant find much on gtalk only that it has been discontinued by google.

Thanks!

#4 2014-10-15 15:22:46

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry but here all works.

Board footer