Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-09-22 08:29:37

eqiz

Possible conflict with ASP.NET - MVC with website address with dashes?

I use ASP.NET platform and MVC for my website and I'm running into a weird issue.  Now I have a very old version of the livehelperchat.com that I had been using for almost a year now (first release version that had XMPP capabilities) and it worked perfectly fine, but You had updated so much stuff to the platform so I had to upgrade and been spending all night doing so.

The issue i'm running into right now is after i start a chat request everything works perfectly fine, however if i navigate off the webpage to another page on my website that has DASHES in the URL, it throws an error in t he chat window and says "Chat was deleted" then if i go back to a webpage on my website that has no DASHES in the URL then its perfectly fine?

You can see what I mean by going to http://www.surefiretaxbusiness.com

Once your on my website just start up a chat request (i'm leaving a operator logged in just so you can see what I mean) and just use random information or whatever... Once the chat has been established and it says "Please wait while the Agent responds..." then click onto like Services Included page or something that has a DASH in the PAGE URL.  You will get the error, but then you go back to the main page http://www.surefiretaxbusiness.com OR go to the Pricing page (since it has no DASH) OR the Sign IN at the top right hand corner it be fine, but it errors when you go off the main page.

#2 2014-09-22 08:37:15

eqiz

Re: Possible conflict with ASP.NET - MVC with website address with dashes?

Also I just wanted to say ahead of time that the Live Helper Chat is installed at surefiretaxes.info by itself.  Its the only thing installed on that domain and that virtual server that I have.  I dedicated that web server specifically to the chat system so that its always available to my customers even if main website goes down for maintence or something.  Its not hosted on the same server as surefiretaxbusiness.com which surefiretaxbusiness.com actually has all the MVC/ASP.NET code installed on it.  So wanted to throw that out there that all the code and everything are completely seperate

#3 2014-09-22 08:38:29

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Possible conflict with ASP.NET - MVC with website address with dashes?

Sorry, but I don't know. It's something with cache from your server. As i click refresh in widget itself it loads normally.
I ques it's again some misconfiguration....

Board footer