Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-08-14 03:23:09

kit...@yahoo.ie

MySQL on Client side

I was wondering if it's possible to add MySQL compatibility/functionality to the Windows client. Was hoping that when users go on to my site, it could check the MySQL database to see if any live support agents are online.
Would need to check this through the Desktop client I believe. Any help is appreciated!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … bQZLPYsLM0

#2 2013-08-14 06:05:34

Frank Frank

Re: MySQL on Client side

Why you need MySQL on Users Windows Client for checking livesupport status ?

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:23:09 AM UTC+8, kit...***.ie wrote:I was wondering if it's possible to add MySQL compatibility/functionality to the Windows client. Was hoping that when users go on to my site, it could check the MySQL database to see if any live support agents are online.
Would need to check this through the Desktop client I believe. Any help is appreciated!

#3 2013-08-27 05:44:36

kit...@yahoo.ie

Because on my site, it checks if any online staff are signed in before displaying a message saying "Live Support Representatives Online". I'd need the client to set the user to online once they open the Client.

#4 2013-08-27 06:46:02

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Sorry but still i'm confused what you actually want to do. During embed code generation you can choose display widget if there are any online users or not.

2013/8/27  <kit...***.ie>

#5 2013-08-28 05:12:36

kit...@yahoo.ie

I'll try explain:

On my website: I've created code that forces a pop up to show up if any live support agents are online, asking the user does he need assistance from the live support staff.

I need my website to be able to detect if any admins are currently logged in to the Desktop client. If none have it open on their desktop, the pop up won't appear to the user.

I believe MySQL would be the best way to check this, or is there currently another method that makes it possible?

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:23:09 AM UTC+1, kit...***.ie wrote:I was wondering if it's possible to add MySQL compatibility/functionality to the Windows client. Was hoping that when users go on to my site, it could check the MySQL database to see if any live support agents are online.

#6 2013-08-28 06:19:06

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

I'm still not sure what you want to do that, but in any case:
Just see this method
$isOnlineHelp = erLhcoreClassChat::isOnline($department);

https://github.com/remdex/livehelperchat/blob/master/lhc_web/lib/core/lhchat/lhchat.php#L506

Hope it helps with your modification

2013/8/28  <kit...***.ie>

#7 2013-09-01 18:56:09

kit...@yahoo.ie

That's what I'm looking for. Could you please help me with the code though?

How can I make my homepage check if there is any support agents online when a user goes onto my site?
Something like this:

if(SupportAgentsOnlineCount !=0)
{
     ///Run code for agents online
}
else
{
     ////Run code for no agents online
}

Obviously that code won't work but that is what I'd want to do. Could you type in code that I could put into my homepage to check this?

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:23:09 AM UTC+1, kit...***.ie wrote:I was wondering if it's possible to add MySQL compatibility/functionality to the Windows client. Was hoping that when users go on to my site, it could check the MySQL database to see if any live support agents are online.

#8 2013-09-05 16:43:18

kit...@yahoo.ie

Any help?

#9 2013-09-12 04:15:47

kit...@yahoo.ie

Please give me any assistance you can. Please don't ignore me. Thank you.

#10 2013-09-12 06:36:47

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Read documentation and make your own extension.

2013/9/12  <kit...***.ie>

Board footer