Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-10-31 06:15:02

Eswar Rajesh Pinapala

Visitor information prefill and auto post chat transcripts.

Thanks for this wonderful chat solution. We are looking to use this for our enterprise needs and I am currently testing this chat solution. It would be really helpful if some one can help answer the 2 questions below.
Please note that I am looking to customize the source code for the chat, so the answers can be developer friendly smile
1. Is it possible to prefill visitor's email and Full name without letting him to enter these? I would also like to save this information in the session to implement (2).
2. As soon as the visitor ends the chat  Or the agent ends the chat, I would like to post the entire chat transcript and the attachments involved int he chat to a custom ticketing system(through a web service).   Is it possible to trigger the action(agents exits or visitor exits the chat) and pull the contents of the chat(including attachments?). I am willing to write the code to upload the attachments and post the Chat transcript content to a web service. So All I needed to know is - whether the contents of the chat are saved somewhere so that I can automate the upload of chat transcripts to a different system(over SSL) through a web service.
Thanks in advance.
Rajesh

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … CkbXAPhSmk

#2 2013-10-31 07:14:17

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: Visitor information prefill and auto post chat transcripts.

1. Regarding first one: http://livehelperchat.com/pre-filling-form-fields-and-adding-custom-fields-140a.html
2. Regarding second one, we have a closed chat callback, then operator closes the chat.
http://livehelperchat.com/what-callbacks-supports-live-helper-chat-193a.html

2013/10/31 Eswar Rajesh Pinapala <rajesh....***.com>

#3 2013-10-31 10:23:51

Eswar Rajesh Pinapala

Cool, I will take a look at these resources. Thanks !

#4 2013-10-31 10:28:11

Eswar Rajesh Pinapala

I am able to control the user attr prefills from the server side using your link(1) - Thanks!

For(2)If I understand it right,
for - "Then chat is closed" -> this is triggered when Agent or the visitor ends the chat right?
On a side note : I have been seeing a lot of chat systems, And Kudos to this. the best i have seen features and functionality wise.
Rajesh

#5 2013-10-31 10:41:30

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

1. From server side you can prefill, perhaps while overriding some part, not sure which.2. Callback is called then operator clicks, Close Chat button in chat window.

Board footer