Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-10-14 14:38:36

scorpion

Mobile App Couldn't Load Group Chat Between Operators & Notification

Hi,

Thank you for developing Live Helper Chat.  It is very easy to install and put to use.  I have however run into some challenges on your mobile app and hope to get some help from you...

1) Group Chat Loading Issue on Mobile App:
I have run into this issue, not sure if it's known but searching the forum didn't turn out any answer so I am hoping you can help - I downloaded both iOS and Android mobile LHC app, they work pretty well with visitors chat screen, but when operator tries to chat with each other (group chat), on mobile app, the screen shows spinning icon as it is refreshing/loading but it just never settle and you can't send or read message on the group chat screen.  This happens on both iOS and Android app.  I have deleted and redownloaded the app to test, the same issue persists.  Is this a known bug and can it be fixed (from my end)?

2) Notification on Mobile App:
The notification on mobile app doesn't seem working properly at the moment - I followed the documentation to set up the steps, but iOS doesn't receive any notifications when visitors leave a message, Android showed badge with numbers but after opening the app and addressing the visitors, the notification remains on the app (same numbers keep showing, even after clearing all unread messages.)

As I am on the road all the time, a working mobile app will help immensely.  I am hoping you could help pointing some direction as to how at my end I can do to fix those issues or it's something pending for your development team to address.

Many thanks! angel
Emma

Last edited by scorpion (2022-10-14 14:45:00)

#2 2022-10-14 15:04:51

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Mobile App Couldn't Load Group Chat Between Operators & Notification

Hi,

1. Well for me group chats works. Perhaps you have an older lhc version.
2. Offline request in general are not supported for the notifications.

#3 2022-10-14 15:11:53

scorpion

Thanks for the quick reply.  I downloaded the mobile app directly from iPhone App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android), so whatever I have is what I could download.  The developer (you and your team) will keep it up to date, right?  I mean obviously I have no control over what version LHC mobile app I can download... (Group chat works on pc, not on mobile app at the moment.)

I am speaking of notification for online msgs, not offline.  It just doesn't show any new msgs coming in on mobile app iOS even notification is set to ON for all...and operators are online 24/7 in the general working hour set up...

#4 2022-10-14 15:17:11

remdex
Administrator
Website

I receive on android mobile notifications. You have to have also recent LHC version
And in this file this event has to be presented, and for me group chats loads as I receive notification also for group chat.
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … er.php#L34

#5 2022-10-14 16:06:46

scorpion

Thanks for pointing me to GitHub. I also double checked my LHC version, what I have is the latest one ie 4.09 and comparing the php file on GitHub with the one on my serve, they are identical. That’s about notification - somehow on mobile app it doesn't work properly.  On Pc yes it works.

The other issue is group chat can’t even load on mobile app on both iOS and android from my testing. It looks like this forever. See the attached video.  (The forum’s insert video doesn’t work, when I paste the YT link it keeps saying invalid url so i am pasting directly below)

m.youtube.com/shorts/c8fm2Pcu0Qk

It keeps spinning and never stops, you can't type any message to send or read anything and this happens on both iOS and Android phone LHC app.

Last edited by scorpion (2022-10-14 16:10:42)

#6 2022-10-14 16:49:13

remdex
Administrator
Website

Rest API by starting chat is using two calls. Make sure your server passes then.,

192.168.1.254 devmysql.livehelperchat.com - [14/Oct/2022:12:42:34 -0400] "POST /index.php/restapi/startchatwithoperator/10 HTTP/1.1" 200 158 "-" "Dart/2.16 (dart:io)" "-"
192.168.1.254 devmysql.livehelperchat.com - [14/Oct/2022:12:42:35 -0400] "POST /index.php/groupchat/sync?rest_api=true HTTP/1.1" 200 522 "-" "Dart/2.16 (dart:io)" "-"

https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … erator.php
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … t/sync.php

Before debugging make sure you disable all caches.
https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/deb … bug-output

And as always there is paid support, if it's bug it's free otherwise paid support. I would suggest to try it out on demo first also smile

By the way there is sample query you can try it out first in general to be sure this type SQL is executed on your server smile

SELECT DISTINCT `lh_group_chat`.`id`,count(`lh_group_chat_member`.`id`) as `tm_live` FROM `lh_group_chat`
INNER JOIN lh_group_chat_member ON `lh_group_chat_member`.`group_id` = `lh_group_chat`.`id`
WHERE 
`lh_group_chat_member`.`user_id` IN (10,1) AND
`lh_group_chat`.`type` = 1 AND
`lh_group_chat`.`tm` = 2 
GROUP BY `lh_group_chat`.`id`
HAVING
`tm_live` = 2

Also make sure you use correct .htaccess regarding the authorization header.
https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/mobile#i-cant-login

#7 2022-10-14 16:58:47

scorpion

Thanks...fair point of free app and its sort of on my own to fix and if whatever is out there I can reference to can't help me fix it, I can pay for support.  Initially I did think it's as what LHC's homepage promoted "dead simple" even for beginners, from the first few tweaks and trial, it did seem simple and working right out of the box.  it's just after testing further it actually doesn't come out as simple and bug free as I initially thought...

I will do some reading and research to see if I could get it work.  Thanks again for pointing some directions.

p.s. on mobile app, chats with visitors screen load and work perfectly fine, it's just group chat with internal operators (between operators) screen doesn't load nor work.  You would think they both are chat screen and should either none work or both work cuz the logic is the same ... I am puzzled.

Last edited by scorpion (2022-10-14 17:03:35)

#8 2022-10-14 16:59:53

remdex
Administrator
Website

From my experience 99% is either misconfiguration either server configuration issues. Nothing I can do with both of these smile

#9 2022-10-14 17:08:51

scorpion

Is chatting with visitors screen designed differently from chatting with operators?  because chats with visitors on mobile app works perfectly but group chat/internal chats between operators screen doesn't work.

I will check server config / execution / .htaccess file as you mentioned. Thanks...

#10 2022-10-14 17:15:49

remdex
Administrator
Website

From backend point of view new module. So check things i mentioned. Also make sure while testing both operators are admin. Will point to permission issue.

Then someone tells there bug, I hardly beleave so as I have clients with 10k chats per day big_smile

#11 2022-10-14 17:18:54

scorpion

I understand...if its a bug you would have had others reporting it as well so it has to be me loooool   cry  I will figure it out thanks great work on the app.

#12 2022-10-14 18:28:27

scorpion

hey remdex, just wanna report back that it works now...I just "fixed" the .htaccess file as you suggested looks like the rewrite rule works.  It must be connection / permission issue.  It still kinda irregularly loading / refreshing on its own a bit but I think it will settle.  I will take a closer look at it now that we pin point the issue.

Want to thank you for all the tips.  ops  angel

Board footer