Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-04-08 13:17:59

hnholidays

What am I doing wrong with offline status

I have set up the chat on my domain and it works as a chat, but I cannot get the offline status to show the leave a message.

Start a chat form settings
Enable leave a message functionality automatically if there are no online operators is checked

Embed code:
Show a ‘leave a message form’ when there are no online operators is checked

I have 2 operators which are logged in but with their status as offline.
Even if we log out all operators completely the leave a message does not show.

#2 2022-04-08 13:43:45

hnholidays

Re: What am I doing wrong with offline status

OK, think I have found what is happening.
For the department we had work hours turned on, this seems to override the fact that there is no-one logged in.

Surely this logic is wrong?
If no-one is logged in then it should go to leave a message no matter what the work hours are set.
Then out of work hours go to leave a message

#3 2022-04-08 13:48:07

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: What am I doing wrong with offline status

Work hours help to forward to operator chats even if there are no operators online.
For example chat are notified to the mobile app so operator can reply without having to be online to have the chat online.

If you wanna have chat offline if all operator are offline than disable work hours.

You can just choose to use or not use work hours. Work hours has the function to having chat online even if operator cannot be always in the software or in the web interface online.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer