Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-03-07 04:31:45

jamminjames

On Android, "Need help?" notification showing as well as icon

On Android devices, but not on desktop browsers, a "Need help?" notification is showing as well as the LHC icon. I don't want that there, how can I eliminate it?

Also, why is it showing on an Android but not on a desktop? I haven't made any special settings in that regard.

For notifications, as I noted in another post in the forum, there are two places to change settings, but neither says whether they are for the admin side or the viewer side:
One is at System configuration / Live Help configuration, under "Notifications settings / Settings"; the other is at System configuration / Live Help configuration, under "Chat / Chat configuration".

Which is for which? And why does the "Need help?" notification show on Androids, but not on desktop?

Thanks for any help.

#2 2022-03-07 07:36:15

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: On Android, "Need help?" notification showing as well as icon

On Android devices, but not on desktop browsers, a "Need help?" notification is showing as well as the LHC icon. I don't want that there, how can I eliminate it?

You see on mobile the Need help tool-tip and you don't see this on desktop?
Seems strange to me, maybe you simply closed in desktop?!

You can find all available info about Need help tool-tip on the documentation, there: https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/need-help/

For notifications, as I noted in another post in the forum, there are two places to change settings, but neither says whether they are for the admin side or the viewer side

Notifications settings are only for admin side, operator and the same settings is showed in two different places.
If you already clicked on get browser notification you will see no more authorization from the browser will be requested.

Which is for which? And why does the "Need help?" notification show on Androids, but not on desktop?

Did you try to surf on incognito mode on desktop? Still Tool-tip not showed?

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2022-03-07 22:56:50

jamminjames

Re: On Android, "Need help?" notification showing as well as icon

Yes, it is strange. Just tried incognito mode, still doesn't show in Firefox on desktop, however, it does in Chrome.

Notifications settings are only for admin side, operator and the same settings is showed in two different places.

They aren't the same settings though, they are very different...

I'll read up on tool-tip in the docs, didn't know where to find it, but now that I know that's what it's called, should be easy.

Thanks!

Board footer