Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-03-01 08:34:46

jamminjames

Getting PHP permissions error on custom site install (not Wordpress)

We're getting this error in the php error log for a custom php website we're trying to get Live Helper Chat working on (not a Wordpress site):

[error] 23961#23961: *13638565 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Unknown: failed to open stream: Success in Unknown on line 0Unable to open primary script: /var/www/livehelperchat/lhc_web (Permission denied)" while reading response header from upstream, client: 111.111.195.65, server: subdomain.example.com, request: "GET /nginx_status HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock:", host: "111.111.195.65"

(I changed our website url and the ip above, but it is a subdomain we are trying to get this going on.)

I've tried changing ownership of the folders, relaxing chmod to 664 from 644, etc, but nothing is helping.

We have a CSP nonce setup for scripts on the server, but taking that out didn't help either.

Also, before I got this far, I had to change the settings in www.conf to:
security.limit_extensions =
from the default: security.limit_extensions = .php

... is there another way to deal with that setting? Seems not the best security-wise.

I used install instructions from websiteforstudents.com/setup-live-helper-chat-on-ubuntu-18-04-16-04-with-nginx.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by jamminjames (2022-03-01 08:50:19)

#2 2022-03-01 12:22:50

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Getting PHP permissions error on custom site install (not Wordpress)

Hi,
install LHC from a not official guide can cause issue.

In the guide mentioned by you is indicated a very old and deprecated PHP version.
LHC latest version is 3.93 and minimum PHP should version be 7.4 but I suggest 8.0 or 8.1 ( https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php )

For install latest LHC you can follow the official guide: https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/install

Enjoy and leave a feedback to let us know you installed sucesfully!  cool  cool

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2022-03-01 22:54:11

jamminjames

Thanks for the reply. The directions you link to say the minimum PHP is 7.2. In any case, we have 7.4.

I believe we've set up everything as shown at your link. However, it says change ownership of files & folders to apache:apache, that would depend on the website's setup, though, wouldn't it? In any case, I tried that, makes no difference.

These instructions also say, "If you are running wordpress site it's 99.9% chance Live Helper Chat will work just fine." But as I noted, we're not running Wordpress. Unfortunately, it gives no guidance for non-Wordpress setups.

Where can I go for instructions on setting it up in non-Wordpress environments? Thanks.

#4 2022-03-01 23:00:59

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

The directions you link to say the minimum PHP is 7.2. In any case, we have 7.4.

You are right, sorry: the official guide is also not yet updated.

Regarding the error you are getting, have you tried to Google it?
For example: FastCGI sent in stderr

I've no experience with Nginx.
I'm not a developer so you may try to wait here a reply from the developer if him find some free time to reply. the developer is more busy than me smile
If no reply you may try on Discord to.. more info on my forum signature links.

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2022-03-01 23:51:27

jamminjames

Okay, got it. I was confused as to whether Live Helper Chat should be set up as a parallel "site" to ours. But when I copied the folders to our site (livehelperchat and subfolders) and used that new url to get to: oursite.com/livehelperchat/lhc_web/index.php/site_admin/install/install, it worked.

Some instructions for non-Wordpress installs that point this out would be good. Thanks!

#6 2022-03-02 09:20:16

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

I'm happy to read you resolved.

Board footer