Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-02-24 20:52:50

jamminjames

If in Wordpress on main domain, can it be accessed on subdomain?

This probably seems like an odd question, but if Live Helper Chat is installed in a Wordpress installation on the main domain, can it be accessed on a subdomain that is running a custom php/js program? This is on a dedicated Nginx server.

Also, just curious, newbie in this forum... I don't see a way to search the posts in the forum. Why is that? Seems like it would be very useful for finding previously answered questions and reducing duplication.

Thanks!

James

#2 2022-02-24 22:22:59

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: If in Wordpress on main domain, can it be accessed on subdomain?

Hi and welcome!

if Live Helper Chat is installed in a Wordpress installation on the main domain, can it be accessed on a subdomain that is running a custom php/js program? This is on a dedicated Nginx server.

Try to see if this documentation answer to your question:

https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/cha … subdomains

I don't see a way to search the posts in the forum. Why is that? Seems like it would be very useful for finding previously answered questions and reducing duplication.

In the blue bar of the forum you should see the search link.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2022-02-27 05:54:29

jamminjames

Thanks for the reply. Can't believe I didn't see that Search button!

I would like to install Live Helper Chat for my subdomain's application only (not a Wordpress site). The install guide at websiteforstudents.com/setup-live-helper-chat-on-ubuntu-18-04-16-04-with-nginx seems good, as I have an Nginx setup. But they show it being set up as basically its own website. If I want to use it on my custom php/js-based website, should I instead make it part of that? Or does it operate independently, and I somehow access it from my site? If it can/should be incorporated into my site, should it still have its own database?

#4 2022-02-27 09:33:15

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

jamminjames I'm sorry but I'm just a passionate user that helps here.
I am not good in programming, for technical deep question, customization you should look at the documentation, consider the commercial support or have a reply from the developer.

DOC:
https://doc.livehelperchat.com/

Commercial Support: https://forum.livehelperchat.com/viewtopic.php?id=2255

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#5 2022-02-27 20:00:05

jamminjames

How do I get a reply from the developer?

Board footer