Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-02-19 14:25:27

DouweH

questions by a new bee, about uploaded files and more

Hi, I'm new to Live Helper Chat,
was able to get the program installed through my host and everything seems to work. I've set the option that both the opator and the client can upload files. Since that set in I can select and upload a file as a client... but where does the uploaded file end up?
I don't see anything in the dashboard, nothing on the server, nor a second copy of the file on my PC (I'm testing with 2 windows 1 is the "client" the other the "operator") So the question is, where are files uploaded by the client stored?
Another question how do I get Recapcha V3 working? I entered both keys. Do I have to put the line that the script requests with the site key in the header? If so in which file?

I hope to hear something, thanks in advance,
Douwe

#2 2022-02-19 14:40:00

DouweH

Re: questions by a new bee, about uploaded files and more

bye the way my site is www dot dhdejongservices dot com

#3 2022-02-19 15:23:12

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi DouweH, welcome in the Live Helper Chat forum!

where does the uploaded file end up?

You should be able to list and see attachments surfing LHC settings, live chat configuration (tab), than list of files.
In the demo the link is https://demo.livehelperchat.com/site_admin/file/list

Another question how do I get Recapcha V3 working? I entered both keys. Do I have to put the line that the script requests with the site key in the header? If so in which file?

You can read the documentation about Re.captcha there: https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/use … n-options/

The Captcha will work only on operator login page, not in the visitor chat.

Last edited by PeopleInside (2022-02-19 15:24:18)

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#4 2022-02-20 12:46:35

DouweH

Hi, thank you for the answers.
I found the place where the files are stored.
I still have a question about uploading or downloading files.
As an operator, if I upload a file to a user, I see the file in the dashboard and after sending it also in the user chat box, where I can  download the file. However, if I as a user and want to upload a file and click on the paperclip, I can select a file and click on open, after that nothing seems to happen, no error message but also nothing to see in the chat dashboard or in the file list . I have checked all the settings again and they are correct, both operator and user are allowed to upload/download files of the relevant type. What else could be wrong or should I submit this question to paid support?
regards,
Douwe

#5 2022-02-20 13:51:08

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Operator are able to send file to visitor and visitor can download it but not the visitor to the operator?
Have you checked server error logs?
You can even try the debug: https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/debug/

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer