Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-01-18 12:17:54

trdef

Bot doesn't take into account department opening hours

Hi,

I've set up a chat bot to handle all incoming requests, and only transfer to operators when necessary. To transfer to an operator, I update the department via the bot, then use the Update Chat trigger to transfer to an operator. Unfortunately, it seems this doesn't take into account the active hours for the department, but just whether or not an operator is logged in.

This is meaning we're needing to make sure all operators are logged out outside of working hours, or else incoming transferred chats end up sat as pending. Is there any solution for this that would only transfer to an operator during the departments active hours?

#2 2022-01-18 12:21:00

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Bot doesn't take into account department opening hours

You can add this response trigger check before executing the transfer. See possible conditions https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/bot … aceholders

#3 2022-01-18 13:09:34

trdef

Re: Bot doesn't take into account department opening hours

Brilliant, that's working as intended now. I assumed it was something related to this but was struggling to find the relevant page on the documentation, so thanks for the help.

Board footer