Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2021-08-29 11:54:10

holycow

Automatically join chat.

Hi guys.

QUESTION:  Is it possible to have a visitor AUTOMATICALLY be connected and a new chat opened with an operator when the user visits a page?  Or, to put it another way, instead of waiting for a user to input a question and request an operator accept the chat, can we automatically have every single visitor to the site automatically get a designated operator to start the chat and have the conversation start right away?

DETAILS:

* I have embedded the chat as a dive in the design it self.  The chat is part of the design, the idea is that every single user that visits the site automatically gets assigned to me and a chat is started without waiting for the user to post a question, which is really a request for an opereator to join the conversation.

* I have read the FAQ for suggestions.

* I have searched the forums for suggestions.  I have found this link: *** I was posting link to forum thread, not allowed ***.  The problem is that it requires the user to post something to be put into an operators queue, it would be really nice if the user (especially first time visitor) was automatically put into my operator queue and my chat was activated / running when i pick it up.

* I have searched the documentation as well.  I looked at this page:  *** I was posting link to docs, not allowed ***.  I don't see any arguments there that would automatically open up a chat, assign to operator and start the chat for every single visitor to the site.

Can the above be done?

It sounds like it can but I must be missing a checkbox or a setting somewhere that allows this.

Thanks.

#2 2021-08-29 12:27:03

holycow

Re: Automatically join chat.

UPDATE:

1) I setup autoassign feature for the deparment and that puts users into the operators queue, which is fine I guess.

2) However, the operator still has to open up the chat manually.  I understand why this is a required part of the workflow, but I belive that from the context of Live Helper Chat I am looking to have the chat opened up automatically for the assigned operator.

The reason that I am looking for this is I want the visitor to automatically have a visual prompt of the chat operator in the website design and it should look like they are ready to chat with the opeartor without having to wait for the opeartor to open the chat.

As I drill down into this it sounds like I might be breaking a workflow assumption because this amazing piece of software is designed to work for teams.  I have a very low volume website and for now I just want visitors to be able to chat with me right away without any prompts whatsoever.

I'm curious if the description of my use case can be achieved.

Any input is welcome or pointers and links to documentation that I may have missed.

#3 2021-08-29 21:21:44

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi holycow,
hope you are well! Welcome on the live helper chat!

Sorry for the delay in the reply, the developer can be busy.
Please have patience.

As you have been noticed when you registered on the forum, new account will have some limitation so, until you are new you cannot post links. Sorry.
The upgrade account process (new member to member) will be automatic with time.

QUESTION:  Is it possible to have a visitor AUTOMATICALLY be connected and a new chat opened with an operator when the user visits a page?

I don't think this is possible at the moment: operator can send manual or automatic invitation but is the user that need accept and start the chat.
- Proactive chat invitation

1) I setup auto assign feature for the department and that puts users into the operators queue, which is fine I guess.

2) However, the operator still has to open up the chat manually.

You can set chat to be auto-accepted. Instructions about this seems to be missed in the documentation or I'm unable also to find how to do but I remember it's possible.
Under the user account on the chats tab you have a check box: Automatically accept assigned chats

1630272075_sharedscreenshot.jpg

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#4 2021-08-29 21:52:21

holycow

Hello!

Thank you very kindly for the answer.  That get me a part of the way there but not a fully open convesation with the customer.  I will try that.

May I ask, what is the procedure for specifying a feature request to see if a developer might want to quote on the price and build it (if appropriate for the design goals of the software?)

I would like to drill down into the idea and see if it is a feature that would make sense to be developed, and if it can be developed what it might cost to pay to get it built.

Thanks again for the quick response.

#5 2021-08-29 21:53:32

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

You can open a GitHub feature request: https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat/issues
Good luck smile

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#6 2021-08-30 09:18:54

holycow

Thank you very much for the quick responses. 

I appreciate your time.

#7 2021-08-30 09:22:18

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

You are welcome, thank you to you  tongue

Board footer