Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-01-30 04:29:32

David

priority question poss issue

i was playing around with priority option in questions and i may have discovered a small issue which if true i may take a look at and get you the fix.  But i wanted to check with you first to see which way you preferred to have it.
I set up two basic questions with same settings other than the priority, which i set 0 and 1.  No vote options just a basic text feedback.    Then i loaded the page, the priority 0 question came up normal so thats ok, but then i reladed the page thinking that since i just answered the priority 0 question, they priority 1 question should appear because it has not been answered yet.
And what i got was that i have already voted..
So this tells me that the priority may not be working the way imagined it would, this is why i am asking you.
My thought is that priority should be that if 0 is answered then 1 should appear and so forth.   It is acting as if 1 is not active and if i wanted that i would just take the check mark off of active.

Do i have that right, if 0 is answered then 1 should appear.  If this is correct then there is an issue i believe.  It may be just a simple  adding of a while or for loop i will have to look.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … IA2O3E02rI

#2 2014-01-30 04:56:42

David

Re: priority question poss issue

I did find in function getReletiveVoting the priority issue.   It all depends on your vision of how this should work as to if you want something dif. 
We can change the function to have it pass both questions to the tpl and have it display both quesitons in the window and have them click one.
Or we can change the other files to work differently with the function maybe if they get a already voted it can check the function again and pass a +1 priority value ($url,$value='0') thing and then ask the function again to look for +1 which would be 1 on priority to see if one exists.  That would mean that when admin adds prioroty they would have to do so in consecutive order, if they have priority 1 and 5 it wont work. 

#3 2014-01-30 07:07:09

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Yes exactly, it all depends how you imagine it should work.
My vision was.
1. Users creates questions based on user location in page.
2. No multiple questions on the same page.

2014-01-30 David <csduran...***.com>

#4 2014-01-30 09:11:46

David

Ok then there is no issue.  However that also means that the priority is not much different than the active option if there are multiple quesitons. Because with priority set the second (lower priority)quesiton will never show unless it is assigned another page as well.  wink

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:29:32 PM UTC-7, David wrote:

Board footer