Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2020-10-27 21:02:48

Jerome

FAQ integration with live chat?

Is it possible to have FAQ responses retrieved by a “bot” based on the keywords/question typed right within the chat? Like a special trigger/action that automatically gets its content from the FAQ module?

Not sure if this already works out of the box, or could be done with some clever configuration, or would require a development. I may be wrong but it seems to me that one would currently have to define for the bot one trigger per question / keyword.

_Sample scenario_

I have two entries in my FAQ (I could have hundreds!)
Question 1: Opening hours? Answer: 8am-5pm
Question 2: Ticket price? Answer: 5$

With a sample chat session:

User: when are you open?
Bot: this is an automatic answer. Here is what we found:
- [Opening Hours](link to FAQ entry, or excerpt from the answer)
   If this does not answer your question, you can be put in touch with a human by [clicking here]
User: is there some dress code?
(Transferred to human operator as there is no matching FAQ. Or other triggers apply, depending on bot configuration)

Am I too naive to think that it could work with some simple rules based on keywords from the FAQ?

#2 2020-10-28 08:28:25

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: FAQ integration with live chat?

Hi,

At the mometn you can't but you can just use bot triggers and write keywords directly in trigger. https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/bot … t-matching

Board footer