Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-01-30 08:49:30

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: opencart multisite howto?

What do you mean not working? Do you see embed code itself there?

2014-01-30 D Henson <mystic...***.com>

Hi, i have a multisite opencart installation. Now the widget is working on the primary site, but not working on my other sites.

I can't find instructions on how to install widget on a multi domain or multi site setup.

Please help. Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … Y9p2VOi8UY

#2 2014-01-30 09:42:37

David

Re: Re: opencart multisite howto?

If you have a multi site with different primary url, you may need to put the widget in a file, just create a js file and then call that file from each of the site headers.   This is better than having multiple widgets just makes it easier to call one file.  If i understand you correctly.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:46:20 AM UTC-7, D Henson wrote:Hi, i have a multisite opencart installation. Now the widget is working on the primary site, but not working on my other sites.I can't find instructions on how to install widget on a multi domain or multi site setup.Please help. Thanks.

#3 2014-01-30 15:11:02

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

There is double script in your store.

Same with ending tag.

There is just duplication of tags. etc.

2014-01-30 D Henson <mystic...***.com>:

I mean that's http://www.pinoycardsonline.com

#4 2014-01-30 15:20:53

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Here is your site generated coe:
<script type="text/javascript">                    <script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptions = {};LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500};(function() {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
var refferer = (document.referrer) ? encodeURIComponent(document.referrer) : '';var location  = (document.location) ? encodeURIComponent(document.location) : '';po.src = '//www.pinoycardsonline.com/supportchat/index.php/chat/getstatus/(click)/internal/(position)/bottom_right/(check_operator_messages)/true/(top)/350/(units)/pixels/(leaveamessage)/true?r='+refferer+'&l='+location;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);})();</script><script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptions = {};LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500};(function() {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
var refferer = (document.referrer) ? encodeURIComponent(document.referrer) : '';var location  = (document.location) ? encodeURIComponent(document.location) : '';po.src = '//www.pinoycardsonline.com/supportchat/index.php/chat/getstatus/(click)/internal/(position)/bottom_right/(check_operator_messages)/true/(top)/350/(units)/pixels/(leaveamessage)/true?r='+refferer+'&l='+location;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);})();</script>                </script>

But it should look like
<script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptions = {};
LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500};
(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
var refferer = (document.referrer) ? encodeURIComponent(document.referrer) : '';
var location  = (document.location) ? encodeURIComponent(document.location) : '';
po.src = '//www.pinoystoreonline.com/supportchat/index.php/chat/getstatus/(click)/internal/(position)/bottom_right/(check_operator_messages)/true/(top)/350/(units)/pixels/(leaveamessage)/true?r='+refferer+'&l='+location;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();
</script>

Where and what to change i really do not know, this open cart. You will have to ask a person who did this site.

2014-01-30 D Henson <mystic...***.com>:

Thank you for your reply. But i don't really understand what it meant.

Is it because I put one code on another domain/theme? And another code on another on the other domain/theme?

How do i put widgets and configure this properly on a multidomain setup?

All domains point out to the same public_html.

#5 2014-01-30 16:43:29

David

I am putting a file together for you now so you can do this.. I dont know if you opened that with a document editor or not but something went wrong.   So because you dont know how i will make you a file to use and you can just add everything to that and then i will give you the one code to put in your other file..
Go ahead and remove all the code for the widget you posted in that file. Also please find your </head> in the file you edited and make sure it is right above the <body> tag you just need to add a return in the file to move it to the next line.  Just do that so that you can find it easily next time you need it... the head tag is right after the meta tag just move it to the next line and save the file.
But do me a favor, first tell me if  you want it on the lower corner like it is or like this site has it middle right position, i think the middle right position would look better but that is up to you.  So just tell me what position you want
Also do you plan to use the question and the faq widgets as well, i need to know that.
thanks.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:46:20 AM UTC-7, D Henson wrote:Hi, i have a multisite opencart installation. Now the widget is working on the primary site, but not working on my other sites.I can't find instructions on how to install widget on a multi domain or multi site setup.Please help. Thanks.

#6 2014-01-30 16:45:56

David

As a followup to my other message I need to make sure you know never never never use a document editor to open coding files..  NO word or anything like that... only use notepad or a coding editor such as programmers notepad or something similar to open files.   
Please let me know your positions and i will put it together for you

#7 2014-01-30 17:34:34

David

OK try this... the instructions are in the top of this file i sent you..  mysupporthelp.js  put that file in your public html if that is where your site is.  If all your sites share the same header file you should only need to do the instructions one time. 
you can download it here http://www.icodemods.com/helpfiles/mysupporthelp.zip  yes that is another one of my sites... wink
Remigijus he can also look at that file so he knows what i sent you. 
Basically what we are doing is:
1. removing the code from your file and placing it another file to call it.. And then calling it just before the close head.  This will do a few things.. it could keep other js for interfering with this as long as it is just before the close head tag.  And some scripts such as mine just dont like the extra js in there for some reason. And for some reason calling it from another file seems to work instead of placing the code in the file itself.   . So try that... let me know...   As i said all the instructions are in the js file at the top just open the js file with your notepad it will be ok..

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:45:29 AM UTC-7, D Henson wrote:Thank you so much! I would like it in the bottom right position, if that's ok.
Thank you once again 😇😇😇
On Jan 30, 2014 7:43 AM, "David" <csduran...***.com> wrote:
I am putting a file together for you now so you can do this.. I dont know if you opened that with a document editor or not but something went wrong.   So because you dont know how i will make you a file to use and you can just add everything to that and then i will give you the one code to put in your other file..

Go ahead and remove all the code for the widget you posted in that file. Also please find your </head> in the file you edited and make sure it is right above the <body> tag you just need to add a return in the file to move it to the next line.  Just do that so that you can find it easily next time you need it... the head tag is right after the meta tag just move it to the next line and save the file.

But do me a favor, first tell me if  you want it on the lower corner like it is or like this site has it middle right position, i think the middle right position would look better but that is up to you.  So just tell me what position you want

Also do you plan to use the question and the faq widgets as well, i need to know that.
thanks.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:46:20 AM UTC-7, D Henson wrote:
Hi, i have a multisite opencart installation. Now the widget is working on the primary site, but not working on my other sites.
I can't find instructions on how to install widget on a multi domain or multi site setup.Please help. Thanks.

#8 2014-01-30 18:43:00

David

yes all you do if you want the middle right position is you just choose that option in the widget config and then replace the code in that file i sent you...   I will post a new file for you you download if you want that will have it just like the one on this site.    Also i used the http option on yours... Also regarding the relative link i cant answer that Rem will have to answer that because he knows his script better...
let me know if you want to the new file because i been up all night and its almost time for me to sleep for awhile lol

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:56:34 AM UTC-7, D Henson wrote:Hi David,
You are right, the middle right position is better. How do I change this to show in the middle portion?
Also is it ok to call it from a particular domain? Since I have 4 domains sharing the /public_html folder, is it better to have it as a relative link? I just don't know how to do it properly. Hope my question is clear.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM, D Henson <mystic...***.com> wrote:

Hi David,
Thank you so much for this. I will try it and reply back if run into problems smile

#9 2014-01-30 18:51:42

David

but just remember to space them 50 pics apart from the top when you make the widget, and also dont forget to put your url in the faq widget, it will not do it for you, you have to add it to the first line in the widget code.

Board footer