Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2020-04-08 21:24:41

appsbym

Message "files/files','Drop your files" being sent to widget

Hello,
When a operator is closing a active chat session from the console, it is sending a message to the widget "files/files','Drop your files" that is being displayed in the box where the client/customer would be entering in their text.

Looking through the forum I did not see any related post and wondering if this is a known issue with closing the new chat widget? This is happening when using either the web console or the windows console to close an active chat session.

I would think the message being sent would be to inform the client that the operator closed the chat but seems to be in issue and sending the other text string instead.

Thanks

#2 2020-04-09 03:59:17

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Message "files/files','Drop your files" being sent to widget

Hi,

What version you are using? for me it seems like one of the bugs I fixed some time ago. Can you just update to version from github and it should be gone,

#3 2020-04-09 12:55:40

appsbym

Hello Remdex

I was at version 2.9 and I upgraded to 3.0 cleared cache and still seeing the issue with "files/files','Drop your files" being sent to widget when the operator closes the active chat.

It appears to be an issue with the new chat widget as it works ok with the old version

Thanks

Last edited by appsbym (2020-04-09 14:02:08)

#4 2020-04-09 15:02:29

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but I can't reproduce. can you reproduce on demo?

P.s and i's for sure older bug fixed long time ago. So something not right on your side...

#5 2020-04-09 15:32:29

appsbym

Hello Remdex,

I was not able to recreate it in your demo environment. I also tried embedding a widget form your site into one of my web pages and that also worked.

running your chat widget on my site when I close the chat the client gets the  "a support staff member has closed this chat" and then the message "This chat is closed now. You can close"  shows in the clients enter text box"

In my environment that text stays in the clients enter text box. I noticed with running https:   //     demo.livehelperchat.    com chat that after the support staff closes the chat the client gets the  "a support staff member has closed this chat" message it then removes the input box.

It appears there probably is a setting that I have set that is affecting the sending of the "This chat is closed now. You can close"  message and the command to remove the text box from the chat window.

Can you point me to the php that is responsible for sending that message and close action. Hopefully I can backtrack from there to see what setting is effecting the new widget behavior .

Thanks

#6 2020-04-09 15:39:14

remdex
Administrator
Website

Hi,

To hard to say... As there is many place and this widget is react app... So most likely your browser has cached older version.

Make sure you have replaced all files from this folder.
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … s/widgetv2

You can try to use chrome debug toolbar and disable network cache...

I just think you are running older version of react app so during update you did not updated just all files...

#7 2020-04-09 15:41:06

remdex
Administrator
Website

If you still don’t fins you can send me database dump to i could test locally tomorrow

#8 2020-04-09 15:45:07

appsbym

Hello Remdex,

When i did the upgrate to 3.0 I replaced all files under the folders as described in the directions. I will download the widgetV2 from your link and refresh my server with them.

When I tested I used the incognito option on the browser but I will also clear/disable network cache in new test.

Thanks for your help. I will send a db dump if needed.

#9 2020-04-10 02:05:46

appsbym

Hello Remdex,

I  download the widgetV2 from your link and refresh my server with them as well as change my settings to match those on your demo environment but it still did not work.

I even created a new installation using the 3.0 without doing any customization only using the defaults to create a new version chat wizard and it still sends the wrong text message when the administrator closes the chat.

the text is comming from the file lang.php
"chat" => [
        "option_sound" => erTranslationClassLhTranslation::getInstance()->getTranslation('chat/user_settings','Enable/Disable sound about new messages from the operator'),
        "chat_closed" => erTranslationClassLhTranslation::getInstance()->getTranslation('chat/startchat',"This chat is closed now. You can close window."),
        "drop_files" => erTranslationClassLhTranslation::getInstance()->getTranslation('files/files','Drop your files here.'),
        "type_here" => erTranslationClassLhTranslation::getInstance()->getTranslation('chat/startchat','Your message...')

and it looks like it is being used in react.app.js
* EventEmitter v5.2.9 - git.io/ee
* Unlicense - http://unlicense.org/
* Oliver Caldwell - https://oli.me.uk/
*/!function(t){"use strict"

Seems some how it is resolving to drop_files and not chat_closed when sending the text to the end user.

Thanks

#10 2020-04-10 04:18:10

remdex
Administrator
Website

Let me test one thing.

#11 2020-04-10 04:22:26

remdex
Administrator
Website

It's for sure something not right on your end. Either server either browser cache.
In any case you can try to update https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … ee9298f4e3
this one file and click clear cache in back office.

#12 2020-04-10 12:27:01

appsbym

Hello Remdex

Updating the language file to replace the double quotes with single quotes on the close_chat dialog corrected the issue.

fyi.. that file lang.php had the double quotes in both the 2.9 and 3.0 zip file I downloaded via the download page using the recommended github link. However I just went back to and it looks like the zip has been updated with the new version of lang.php.

Thanks for your help resolving this issue!

#13 2020-04-24 08:50:50

riess

Hi all.

I am stuck with the same problem, but I have already updated to the latest version today and double checked lang-php, so that there are no double-quotes present.
Any idea would be welcome.
Thanks in advance!

#14 2020-04-24 08:51:52

remdex
Administrator
Website

Have you clicked clear cache in back office after update?

#15 2020-04-24 08:54:10

remdex
Administrator
Website

By the way this file is cached heavily. Try to clear browser cache or disable while testing.

#16 2020-04-24 10:02:46

riess

I cleared the cache during upgrade and used Ctrl+F5 to reload in browser, so that should not be the issue.
(Sorry my reply took some time, forum told me to wait 3600 secs.)

Last edited by riess (2020-04-24 12:22:54)

#17 2020-04-24 10:39:21

remdex
Administrator
Website

Just in your browser open url similar to this and see what you get there. If you get old test means it was not updated. Also you can ctrl+f5 direclty in this page smile
https://demo.livehelperchat.com/widgetrestapi/lang

#18 2020-04-24 12:21:53

riess

I had to use index.php/widgetrestapi/lang but the output looks 100% like yours.

I cleared the cache in lhc and browser again. No change so far.

#19 2020-04-24 12:22:46

remdex
Administrator
Website

Well for sure it's just cache. Try to use incognito mode in browser smile

#20 2020-04-24 12:27:36

riess

OMG.

I feel so stupid now.
At the base of my domain I have wordpress running. I cleared the cache there now and voila, right text.

Thank you for the great support, great piece of software!

Board footer