Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2019-10-16 12:55:51

cfmardelplata.informatica

Reinit Chat Widget

Hi everyone!

I have installed & implemented Live Chat Helper from about four years now. I have integrated Live Chat Helper with a Intranet Ticket Submit Software with dynamic forms that backwards prefill LHCChatOptions and start a Chat Window in order to have standard messages and user's data validated (correct username & mail) for any case we attend with our Help Desk Office.

The issue that i have is when a user start a chat but then decide to use another form, so I don't know how to reinit Chat Window from code so a new Widget start with the new standard message and the following Start Chat button. First of all, i think that cookie for the session was the problem, but although removing them, the session keeps started. If a operator Close the Chat from backend, the session keep alive, so users couldn't start a new chat until session refresh. The only succesful case for this is remove chat for operator backend, but i can't do that because we have audit on our chat with users .

So my question is: Is there any manual javascript function in order to reinitialize with a new cookie, session, etc CHAT WIDGET in order to a user can start a new clean chat for ever issue that he has?

Thank you!.

#2 2019-10-16 13:14:05

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Reinit Chat Widget

Hi and welcome on the live helper chat forum!
I upgraded your forum account to Member so removed for you some forum limitations used for prevent and stop spam.

If I have not misunderstood the visitor loose the session when the page is changed or this happen only if a new page with the chat widget is opened in a new tab / window?
In the first case where user loose chat session whe n change the page the case can be a different domain or maybe some missconfiguration; in this case the following can maybe help you: My users looses chat session then they navigate through the site, duplicate online users records

If the situation is different domain name and you need to not loose chat i need check better this, let me know.
Also if the case is where the chat session is loosed on a new tab, this seems to be normal has the chat still be opened in one tab so is not duplicated.

Let me knoe if someone of this situations are what you are experiencing and if the issue still persist.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2019-10-16 14:08:28

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll try to explain my Business Logic because it's not a loose session problem.

OPTIMAL CASE:
1.- User complete a form with personal data and select a type of issue.  After a "SUBMIT" click, the event is replaced with the following Jquery function:
     $('#btn-case-a').click(function() {
        LHCChatOptions.attr_prefill = new Array();
        LHCChatOptions.attr_prefill.push({'name':'email','value':'[EMAIL DATA FROM FORM FIELD]'});
        LHCChatOptions.attr_prefill.push({'name':'username','value':'[USER DATA FROM FORM FIELD]'});
        LHCChatOptions.attr_prefill.push({'name':'question','value':'SPECIFIC TEXT FROM THE ISSUE SELECTED'});

lh_inst.lh_openchatWindow();
    });

2.- This open the CHAT WIDGET with the name, email and question field auto-completed.

3.- The user click on START CHAT and an operator start with the help desk service.

CASE TO RESOLVE
1.- User complete a form with personal data and select a type of issue.  After a "SUBMIT" click, the event is replaced with the following Jquery described above.
2.- The CHAT WIDGET with the name, email and question field auto-completed.
3.- The user click on START CHAT and an operator start with the help desk service.
4.- After the help desk service is resolved (operator close chat), the user complete another Help Desk Form that have another auto-complete fields.
5.- When the function of 1.- is triggered, it doesn't show the step 2.- because use the stored session and open chat with the history of the previous case.

The thing that i must resolve is step 5.-. I need to restart CHAT WIDGET so when the user after a chat started is completed, if the user select another chat to start retrieve the step 2. & 3. (fields auto-completed and start chat button).

I'll hope to be clear with my issue description.

Thank you!

Best Regards.

#4 2019-10-16 14:40:34

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi, thanks for the update.
Well i'm not the programmer of live helper chat and seems your question is related to a customized installation of live helper chat.

How can receive help in this case?
Maybe you need the commercial support, the chat owner is very busy and cannot always reply to business questions.

I can try to forward this topic to the chat owner but a reply is not garanted.

If you still need help and you see there is no anser you can consider the commercial version.
All info is on my forum signature.

*Fingers crossed* smile

I will now forward the topic.

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2019-10-16 14:47:51

This come from this url https://livehelperchat.com/pre-filling- … -140a.html with some new functionality from client-side, without making any Live Chat Helper Core Fix.

I'm debugging the Live Chat Helper Core Code in order to apply an in-code-patch or use some functionality of lhchat but i have no succesful results yet.

If you can try to forward this topic i'll be very thankful.

If I have some results I'll post them.

Have a nice day PeopleInside!

#6 2019-10-16 14:49:39

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Already forwarded smile
Have a nice day too, sorry for the issues;
I really hope you can solve soon or an hand more can come here.

Have a nice day and week too.

Board footer