Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2018-11-27 16:55:31

rapafleutz

Difference between automatic close chats options

Hi there, good afternoon.
I have a doubt about this functions, maybe is only a understanding problem, but i can't figure out what wich one of the do.

Automatic chats closing.
Automatic pending chats closing.
Automatic active chats closing.
Automatic bot chats closing.
Automatic chats purging.
Chats waiting in pending line more than n seconds should be auto assigned first. Time in seconds

How each of these work's ? How's the difference ? If a visitor is on a chat for 20 minutes, and i set "Automatic active chats closing" for 21 minutes, for example, this chat will be closed ?

#2 2018-11-27 17:43:34

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Difference between automatic close chats options

Hi rapafleutz ,
the chat owner can be very busy for give replies to user questions big_smile

I know will be a very good updates in the next month! The developer are working for improve always live helper chat!

Regarding your question i am not using this functions as i do not need close automatically chats but you can choose a time after that if the chat still be inactive (no activities) is closed and do not stay open and visible in the pending or open chat operator console.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2018-11-27 18:01:52

rapafleutz

Hi my friend. As always, you save the day.
As i said, i have not understand what one off these options will work after i set the time. Now, i know that no user  will be shutdown suddenly if i use this.

Thank you very much;

#4 2018-11-27 18:09:54

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Are you looking into Misc setting?
You need help me to understand where you are looking, steps for reproduce however you can do some test smile with chats and settings.

I am happy to do this ahaha smile I try to do my best but my knowledge is not the one that the developer has big_smile

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2018-11-27 18:18:35

rapafleutz

PeopleInside wrote:

Are you looking into Misc setting?
You need help me to understand where you are looking, steps for reproduce however you can do some test smile with chats and settings.

I am happy to do this ahaha smile I try to do my best but my knowledge is not the one that the developer has big_smile

Yes. I'm on Chat Configuration -> Misc.
What i want is: Close chats inactives for a certain time, or close chats that the owner have forgot to close.
Also, since this option is there, i want to close chats that are on pending list for a long time (60 minutes)

#6 2018-11-27 18:20:36

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

What i want is: Close chats inactives for a certain time, or close chats that the owner have forgot to close.
Also, since this option is there, i want to close chats that are on pending list for a long time (60 minutes)

This seems to have sense!
You can try to read the documentation here: How to setup automatic chat's closing/purging?

See if helps.

#7 2018-11-27 18:40:09

rapafleutz

PeopleInside wrote:

This seems to have sense!
You can try to read the documentation here: How to setup automatic chat's closing/purging?

See if helps.

Hi, my friend.

I already read. And after read,  is that i come with my doubts. But now i think i undertood. No chat is closed while a user is on a conversation. Chats must have a inactive time to be a "victim" of this rules.
Thank you very much.

#8 2018-11-27 19:06:45

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

In any case you can do some test. You should resolve.
Have a great time and enjoy live helper chat  smile

Board footer