Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2018-11-18 22:13:55

alex_sh

Pop up window without address bar?

If I expand the chat widget clicking on "Open in a new window" button, then a new window pops up with an URL in the address bar (like, for example, 

https://demo.livehelperchat.com/chat/startchat/(vid)/b3669caa41b6418899d6/(hash_resume)/1_c3ebb8b3cb4addae0d633a3be2b3dd371e25c228/(er)/1?URLReferer=%2F%2Fforum.livehelperchat.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fid%3D3241%23&tzuser=4&r=%2F%2Fforum.livehelperchat.com%2F

). I wonder is it possible to generate java script code that opens a pop up window without an address bar? My current script is:

<script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptions = {};
LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500,domain:'mydomain'};
(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
var referrer = (document.referrer) ? encodeURIComponent(document.referrer.substr(document.referrer.indexOf('://')+1)) : '';
var location  = (document.location) ? encodeURIComponent(window.location.href.substring(window.location.protocol.length)) : '';
po.src = 'https://mydomain.com/index.php/chat/getstatus/(click)/internal/(position)/bottom_right/(ma)/br/(top)/350/(units)/pixels/(leaveamessage)/true/(department)/2/(survey)/1?r='+referrer+'&l='+location;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();
</script>

We just need to integrate options mentioned on w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_open.asp like:

window.open(url,'window','toolbar=no, menubar=no, resizable=yes');

Last edited by alex_sh (2018-11-19 13:10:34)

#2 2018-11-18 22:41:57

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Pop up window without address bar?

Hi alex_sh ,
sorry but i cannot help with that... Maybe stackoverflow is the better place where as how code a script.

I am just an user that try to help for free and in the free time  wink  If i will find something for help you with that i will update here.
Consider to maybe ask on stackoverflow.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2018-11-18 22:45:03

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

A workaround can be use widget and disable pop up window... in this case the url will be not visible.
For pop up i never have suggestion on how hide link.

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#4 2018-11-19 13:09:40

alex_sh

Digging into this further I've found out reading stackoverflow.com/questions/15230137/hide-bar-address-in-popup-chrome  that

Most browsers do not allow you to hide the address of the page anymore. This is for safety reasons, otherwise a phishing site could be placed in front of you and you would have no idea.

So maybe one day the livehelperchat developer will use modal window to hide URLs.

Meanwhile using widget is fine, but it's too small. I will try to change its size.

#5 2018-11-19 13:47:31

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi alex_sh, glad to hear you back.
You can customize the widget size when you generate the embed code, in design tab smile

I hope this can help. I also changed the widget appearance on my website because the default looks like too small, to short for me tongue

Board footer