Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-02-10 19:49:53

mkn

All chat users seeing all messages

I have made a very basic installation with the default settings.

During testing we noticed that all testers (visitors/clients) from any IP/computer could see the messages others had written earlier. The same happened with two separate test instances (separate servers/domains).

I suppose there is a setting somewhere that disables this?

#2 2016-02-10 20:11:24

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: All chat users seeing all messages

Hi mkn and thank you for posting a question in the Live Helper Chat Forum!

I AM happy to say maybe I can help you with this issue.
Maybe this can help to solve your issue:
https://livehelperchat.com/how-to-disab … -220a.html

From your topic I can understand the issue can be in the operator side where operator A can see also other chat not assigned to him.
If is not this situation please help me to understand better, if this is the situation than you need configure chat settings and the article I linked to you should help.

You can also look at the documentation here:
https://livehelperchat.com/documentation-6c.html

Hope it helps.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2016-02-10 20:53:23

mkn

Nope, there is just one operator.

The anonymous chatters can see each other's messages (in the website public widget). We tested this yesterday with myself being in Ireland and my friend being in Finland. My friend wondered why he could see chats written by somebody else. Then I saw them as well.

Today I asked yet another guy to check out the website and send a chat message and he could see all messages sent to this one single operator.

So the problem is pretty weird and something that should never ever happen, as that breaks privacy very badly. As I said this is an out-of-the-box installation of the latest version.

The configuration is of the type:
public address: https://mydomain.com/front_page (the widget is here)
lhc server: https://lhc.mydomain.com/index.php/... and so on (the administration is here)

Last edited by mkn (2016-02-10 20:55:31)

#4 2016-02-10 20:58:36

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

When you pasted the code for the widget in the website did you generated and placed the Embed Widget code or ...
You have to generate the Embed code where I show with the green arrow and not where is red arrow.

http://postimg.org/image/jk8jlielv/

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2016-02-10 21:32:01

mkn

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. There were four things badly wrong

#1) I had misunderstood the chat stuff (I thought it was private between staff & user)  and tried this first. This was active
#2) I had inserted the proper code (helpdesk) in the site template editor but the template file was in a read-only state.
#3) I worked very late and failed to check my own administration end code which did not complain about saving having failed.
#4) I never remember that I am an idiot

Now I finally got the helpdesk chat working. Thank you. A Big thank you.

#6 2016-02-10 21:34:01

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi mkn your point 4 is not correct because you solved the issue so you are not idiot  wink
I AM very happy to hear you have resolved your issue!

Last edited by PeopleInside (2016-02-10 21:34:26)

#7 2018-01-29 14:48:15

Cadorin

Hey guys,

I was doing the same mistakes that mkn did so I tried to implement the solution that he did. It works, but not at all. It solved the problem of sharing messages between visitors when they start to chat, however, when one of the visitors reload the page then he lost his chat and get the chat of the other visitor, being also possible to send messages as the other visitor.

I'm testing this on my computer operating in two browser windows, each one with a different user. There is only one operator that is chatting with both visitors.

Last edited by Cadorin (2018-01-29 14:50:42)

#8 2018-01-29 15:00:58

Cadorin

Hello PeopleInside,

I did the same test on your website (https://www.peopleinside.it/), I mean, I open 2 windows and start chatting with 2 different names. After few messages, I reload the page of one window and I start chatting as the other name. You have the same problem than me!!! Let's find a way to solve this.

I think the problem is bigger than I found in my tests. If anyone inside my internal network, that share the same real external IP, enter the website and start chatting will be able to the same.

For me, it is a big problem because I intend to use the chat to offer support for my clients, so they share the same internet IP but the worker cannot be able to see the boss messages, for example.

#9 2018-01-29 15:30:19

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

As told please open a GitHub topic smile thank you!

Board footer