Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-07-26 11:27:16

RichardO

V2.68 Survey Problem

Hi

We have successfully upgraded to 2.68 (front and back end) and there seem to be a few new bugs...

One problem is that our default survey (which was just 5 stars) has now gone so we've tried to set up a new one and the interface is different and difficult to follow.

We've also updated the embed code with survey checked.

Either way, when we've tested, the survey doesn't appear anymore after a chat.

Any help would be appreciated.  It's probably a simple option I've missed.

Thanks

Richard

#2 2017-07-26 11:45:21

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: V2.68 Survey Problem

Hi RichardO,
I do not know how is possible that you missed the survey as I have also upgraded my install to 2.68,
I use survey and there are no issue: I AM able to find survey listed under settings.
Do you have survey list empty under settings?

Well I will invite you in chat for diagnose your issue and see what I can do.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-07-26 12:03:31

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Your survey seems work fine but your LHC seems have some issue that I AM unable to replicate in the live helper chat demo
https://livehelperchat.com/

maybe the upgrade was not done without errors.
you can check here:
https://forum.livehelperchat.com/viewtopic.php?id=2193

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#4 2017-07-26 16:36:20

RichardO

We couldn't work out the reason for the errors and there were no specific server errors returned.

We tried to unzip the master file and upload the required folders - overwriting them.

Our LHC then stopped working entirely!!  yikes

I moved the upgrade.php file to root and ran it but it just re-directed me to another random page and the LHC still wasn't working.

We have completely deleted all online files and the MySQL DB and completed a full install. cry

We did notice that, during the install, the install.php couldn't write to var/storageadmintheme/.  After checking the master files, this directory doesn't exist so I created one and the install file worked fine.  Could this be the reason for a dodgy upgrade?

It now works again!!

I will be very reserved in the future about upgrading.  big_smile

#5 2017-07-26 16:39:14

RichardO

Interestingly, the admin page for the Survey is now very straight forward - perhaps something was wrong there too?

#6 2017-07-26 16:42:58

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi RichardO,
first thank you for your update.

Second please remember that if you do not keep the server and web software updated you may have security issue and hole for hackers.
Your live chat is hosted by a shared hosting or a VPS or shared server? In any case when I tried your chat sound like very fast.

I do not know why you have all this issue, maybe you have hosting or server issue.
I manage LHC in a VPS and I do not see all this issue.
You have issue if during the update replace not only the folder indicated but also other file or if there are some file permission issue due to a server change...
usually all work fine. I also moved my websites to a new server some month ago and I AM keeping using the same LHC install migrated in the new server.

There is no perfect software but LHC usually work very find and I do not know why you have all this sisue but happy to hear now is working.

#7 2017-07-26 16:55:12

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Happy to see all is working very fine.
If you are happy in the future with this chat and you can do your business consider a small donation to the chat owner who are spent is time on this amazing free open source project.

Donation info page is here: https://livehelperchat.com/support-13c.html
Thank you again!

Board footer