Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-07-12 16:07:30

David

i cannot get the browser offer to fire

Hi rem,
I have read the docs, i have gone by your example, i even did a youtube video so i set it just just like yours in the documentation and i have the code in my header and it still will not fire off. 
Any ideas, i think i have tried everything i can think of. 

Also on the list of browser offers, can we include size WxH and time so i dont have to open each page..
i dont know what to do to get it to work though sad

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … BNj13dqaeQ

#2 2014-07-12 16:32:51

David

Re: i cannot get the browser offer to fire

i did get the size WxH and time  to show i found the routine in lib/models/lhabstract/erlhabstractmodelbrowseofferinvitation.php
just commented out the hidden
//'hidden' => true,
should i make it false or just leave it commented out?

#3 2014-07-12 16:46:02

David

false dont work, so ll just leave it commented out  smile    but now to get the popup to work, that is the challenge... what am i doing wrong rem lol smile

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:07:30 AM UTC-6, David wrote:

#4 2014-07-12 18:09:24

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Sorry really don't know. Try to compare with our demo enviroment browser offer. You will find it settings in back office
http://demo.livehelperchat.com/site_admin/abstract/edit/BrowseOfferInvitation/1

#5 2014-07-12 22:27:05

David

ok thanks, i copied your i frame and i will try the same video on mine.   Question:  does this demo display anywhere like a normal site, meaning i would like to try to change some things on the demo and see if it works with my stuff if it works with yours, but now sure what url i should look for the popup to test.  Then i will set it back.   What would be the url to see popup on the demo ?

#6 2014-07-12 22:33:51

David

i looked at your source i guess you dont have the js on your site so i cant test.  Would you be able to set up a single test page on your demo domain with the js in it so i could test the popup using the demo info.  just put the js on a simple html page to let me test? does not even have to be anything fancy.

#7 2014-07-12 22:56:13

David

ok here is a simple html file with your demo's livehelperchat browser popup code in it.   can you post this on your domain so i can test please...  see file attached..

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:07:30 AM UTC-6, David wrote:

#8 2014-07-13 05:56:36

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

You can see default herehttp://livehelperchat.com/browse-offers-tutorial-300a.html

#9 2014-07-13 09:30:18

David

yes sir i know that, i have been to that page time and time again.  But how am i going to troubleshoot this if i cannot see if it works at your end with my file.  Thats is why i sent you that html file so i could see if it was my system, the html environment im in, or some other factor.
If i can use that html file on your demo  domain (somewhere in the back where noone else knows so you dont have to worry about it)  and i use the demo to load my iframe and  then iload that html file and it works then i know its my system. 
That page you told me really shows me nothing but that you got it to work.  Well that does not help me rem lol... smile    I need to trouble shoot this very simply by you adding that html file to the demo domain, then i will log into the demo and try my iframe, if it works then i will message you and you can delete the file.  If it does not work then i will message you to see if we can figure out why.  Who knows maybe in the process we might find a easy bug and fix it, maybe not.
That is a bare bones html file, nothing should interfere with the execution of the popup.  I hope i make sense.  I would appreciate your help, You can write your own html file, you can call it whatever you want as long as its in the demo domain and i can run it. Just make sure it is very simple with nothing in it to conflict, and put your demo offer code in there. 
I would really appreciate your help on this, unless you have another way to test this i dont know of another way to troubleshoot this deal.

#10 2014-07-13 09:42:21

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Delete local storage variable like in my pasted screenshot. You are not seeing it because it was already shown to you.

#11 2014-07-13 10:34:29

David

i do not have any cookies with that name or any local storage with that name, all is clean and has been clean.

#12 2014-07-13 10:38:13

David

the domain is durangodaveshosting.com do you see anything wrong it is set for 10 sec

#13 2014-07-13 12:18:07

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

No i don't, that means something not right with your browse offer configuration itself. You embed code itself is ok. I switched host to demo on my testing envoroment and browser comes up. So that means your browser offer configuraiton is not ok. And JS request does not return any js. So perhaps you have not activated it. System just does not match any your offers...

#14 2014-07-13 21:46:30

David

ok so i woke up today and read your message and i downloaded my broswer popup table so you can see it, the only thing i changed since you were on the site yesterday was i removed the identifier to test, everything else is the same (i will send you that sql via normal direct email because it has the encryption in the db so expect my email to your normal address with the sql file.
Also here is the form input image that i make to show you.  So less the invite one identifier everything is exactly the same as you tested,.
Thanks

#15 2014-07-13 22:00:24

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Why did you entered "en" siteaccess? where have you found that you have to enter "en" there? siteaccess is always three letters and is not required unless you want to have different browse offers for different languages. So just remove siteaccess

#16 2014-07-13 22:40:10

David

en was for english... OMG rem oh thats sad for me...  ok we figured it out, it works... sorry about that, en is english on my other scripts so i just assumed..
Guess i had my head someplace in the dark lol..
Thanks buddy NICE JOB!   smile    I will spank myself lol
do you think you might use that mod i sent or still thinking about it smile

Board footer