Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-12-17 10:56:15

bejita

How can I add/edit information about avisitor ?(without chatting with)

Hello ! Please help me !

1 - For example, if I want to give a cuztomized name to an online visitor who has not chatted with me, how can I doing that ? (I want to give a name myself to this visitor after talking with him, I don't need him to fill some fields)

2- And how can I edit these additional information ? because I can't editing these information while the visitor hasn't not yet chatted with me !?

1418813615_online-additional-information.png

3 - I have noticed that if a visitor didn't chatted with the operator, this window is not available, why ? And how can I resolve this problem ?

1418813651_capture.png

4 -And how can I edit the information about this visitor if I can't access the window above ? and the name too ?

#2 2014-12-17 10:58:02

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: How can I add/edit information about avisitor ?(without chatting with)

Hi,

in 2.15v you can edit username and e-mail address in "Visitor" -> "General information" tab. Just at the moment phone number is missing.

#3 2014-12-17 13:18:54

bejita

Thank you for your fast reply ! It solves one part of my problems on this topic.

But it remains a question :

When I chat with a visitor, I can access to the window chat with Visitor,  then I can edit/update General Information
but when the visitor doesn't chat with me, doesn't reply to my chat invitation, I can't  access this window, so I can't edit his  information. So is there any other way where I can edit his information, for example if I wish to identify her by a nick ?
( I show you  these screenshots for explaining better )
first case : when visitor replies to chat, it's okay I can update her nick and mail
1418822150_capture.jpg
second case : visitor doesn't reply
1418822299_capture2.png

Any help/idea please ?

#4 2014-12-17 17:35:23

remdex
Administrator
Website

Well, something like custom field for online visitor would fit better your purpose. This field would be for visitor identification purposes.
I will fill issue regarding this request, but really no idea then this will be done.

Board footer