Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-09-24 19:17:40

aargh

Missing messages with a standalone app

I've installed a standalone application to a manager (test run), and it seems that there's an easy way to miss a customer's message:

1. Visitor sends an initial message
2. Operator receives the taskbar notification, opens the chat window
3. Operator replies and then occasionally or intentionally closes this chat window (by clicking on the "x" at the top right)
4. Now operator won't get any notification about next visitor's messages

The only way is to use the "Active chats" tab and reopen the chat manually (this way new messages appear).

Is there any way to add notifications for operator in this case?
Also, it would be nice if particular chat tab show the number of new messages.

#2 2014-09-24 19:45:14

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Missing messages with a standalone app

Hi,

1. If you have browser notifications enabled you will see notification about unread message from customer.
2. Then new unread message appears sound also will be played.
3. It does not unread messages number if tab is not active and you are chatting with another customer. For tab i mean not browser tab, but tab in application itself.
4. chat with unread messages also appears in right column after some time. During 10 - 15 seconds from last user message.

#3 2014-09-24 20:41:43

aargh

Do you mean if I use the browser? I was going to try using the app only. All my questions relate to the application - web interface seems to work ok.

Regarding web interface: is it possible to do that web notification pop-up opens existing tab? Currently it opens a new browser window each time

#4 2014-09-25 04:56:16

remdex
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Now your report it makes sense smile

1. Desktop application always is behind web application features
2. I will try to add unread messages tab in desktop application and implement notices there
3. As for opening same window. Quick notice like i'm not sure how exactly reproduce.
3.1 If there appears that there is unread message from user that means that there is zero opened window with same customer, otherwise it's just impossible unread message appear if admin is chating.
3.2 So untill 3.1 is valid there is point to change anything there

Perhaps i'm missing something regarding 3 item? hmm smile

Board footer