Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-09-24 09:03:11

tomtomgo07

Installation on Ubuntu not working with mod_php

Hi,

It has been impossible to install live helper chat on a Ubuntu 12.04 with Apache and mod_php, when I succeeded on an Ubuntu 14.04 with FastCGI, and that was a good news.

But I had to rollback my Ubuntu 14.04 server to mod_php, and now I have the exact same problem I had on Ubuntu 12.04:

Fatal error: Class 'erLhcoreClassSystem' not found in ...

Of course, every files are present on the server, as it was working with FastCgi support and as I just uncompressed them for the github archive.

I'm completly mad to see that apparently, no one has never had the problem before..

Live Helper Chat was live on our production site, and now it's down, and even going back to FastCGI does not work any more.. We have php developers here who have inspected the code, so did I, but we cannot figure out the problem.

Any idea of what's happening?

PS: The tool is so great otherwise, I hope I will be able to get it live again.

#2 2014-09-24 09:06:39

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Installation on Ubuntu not working with mod_php

Sorry, but really no idea.

Strange problem you have there.... Yes no one had this problem. You can try to append in your php.ini
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

Just to little information...

You can try clear cache from console also.
php cron.php -s site_admin -c cron/util/clear_cache

Also you can follow
http://livehelperchat.com/during-some-a … -215a.html

#3 2014-09-24 09:24:11

tomtomgo07

Thanks for the help.

Changing the value of cgi.fix_pathinfo to 1 and restarting apache2 did not change anything.

The autoload issue is really weird...

Look what a cron job manual run tells:
php cron.php -s site_admin -c cron/util/clear_cache
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'ezcConsoleInput' not found in /home/all***/domains/livechat.all***.com/livehelperchat-master/lhc_web/cron.php on line 18

Fatal error: Class 'ezcConsoleInput' not found in /home/all***/domains/livechat.all***.com/livehelperchat-master/lhc_web/cron.php on line 18

I finally tried what I did before, saying follow all the instructions of the link provided, and here is what I get:

Fatal error: Class 'erLhcoreClassSystem' not found in /home/all***/domains/livechat.all***.com/livehelperchat-master/lhc_web/index.php on line 17

Strange unh?

Is there a way to manually clean the cache without any script but without breaking the file structure?

#4 2014-09-24 09:31:33

remdex
Administrator
Website

Perhaps just some files are missing?
It looks like some files are just missing? not enough space on disk? or disk errors?
Try just replace ezcomponents, lib, modules, design, post files. Basically just follow standard upgrade instructions.

#5 2014-09-24 09:34:54

tomtomgo07

Unfortunately files are here.

I double checked it and 2 other developers too, open the class that is supposed to be missing, even untared the project several times, on several differents archives.

I even participated on transiflex to the project translation in French and got the new sources from github.

#6 2014-09-24 09:36:48

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but it's definitely not right with your server || files no other possibility...

#7 2014-09-26 09:17:28

tomtomgo07

I finally figured out what the problem was !!

We had an autoload file inclued throuh the auto_prepend option of our php.ini file, and apparently, livehelperchat needs to be the only one to do class autoloading...

By adding an .htaccess in the livehelperchat and disabling the prepend optio, livehelperchat came back to life!

Here is the directive for the .htaccess:
php_value auto_prepend_file none

Maybe it will help someone sometimes..

Do you think namespaces of something like that could prevent this bug?

#8 2014-09-26 09:18:53

remdex
Administrator
Website

Hi,

Regarding this issue update to current version of live helper chat, this should fix your issue. You can try just replace single index.php file.
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … /index.php

I have changed autoload mechanism few days ago to be more flexible.

#9 2014-09-26 12:51:41

tomtomgo07

That's right, with the latest version, there's no more need for the .htaccess.

I installed it two day too soon

Thanks for your help

#10 2015-02-28 17:34:19

helper

I got same error (Class 'erLhcoreClassSystem' not found...), and found this page.
After 2 hours I found that my host runs PHP 5.2.17 and LHC requires 5.3.
5.2.17 does not like 3rd arg for spl_autoload_register().
I got 'requirements check' page only after I left just 2 args for spl_autoload_register() in index.php.

Remdex, probably you should check for PHP version first (even without fancy red/green markers - simple text hint is quite enough), and only then check for other stuff.

Also, on that 'requirements page' on the top there is the text and the header about "Checking folders permission", but in following list there are also checks for libs and PHP version. Not very logical. Maybe that stuff should be in separate section or on another page?

#11 2015-02-28 17:36:02

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but I won't waste LHC performance each time checking PHP versions especially then required version is stated at https://livehelperchat.com/requirements-84a.html

#12 2015-02-28 18:08:51

helper

I don't think this particular performance degradation could be detected by any testing. But it's yours to decide, for sure.

BTW thanks for your huge work.

Board footer