Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-08-11 12:34:46

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Online and Offline multi department issue

Hi,
i see if i have three department 1, 2, 3 and
1 is ONLINE
2 and 3 Offline

User can't send email to offline department because LHC alow them to start a chat,
after pressed start a chat user see two message in contraddiction.:
the first in top of the window who says there are not support member staff and the second
are the autoresponder message who tell to the user to wait for be connected with an operator.

I think as other live chat when a department are offline and user select it they should be redirected to the department contact form.

1. User see two message in contraddiction
2. No e-mail notification is sended because acctually if there are one online department and other offline if user select offline department is not sended to the contact form but a screen between start a chat and leave a message
3. when operator log into chat it seem to have lost a chat.. this is not true, user has only tried to left a message.

I think this should be more clear.. it will be nice to see contact form if user select offline departments and start chat if select online department.

Acctually user can leave a email message only if all departments are offline..

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#2 2014-08-11 12:47:07

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Online and Offline multi department issue

Hi,

You are right. User only can start chat if at-least one of departments is online. I will think about improving your describes workflow.

#3 2014-08-11 12:49:31

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Online and Offline multi department issue

Thanks Remdex for consider what i told.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer