Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2022-08-18 08:31:48

bsrmelb

How to get Chat Window Toolbar to show?

Sorry good people, I am a newbie and having trouble getting the chat window toolbar to show in the visitor chat window.

All I am getting is a little gear icon on the lower left that opens a window with emojis, and it has file upload but the visitor has to input a url to the file.
I want the full toolbar with the file upload icon so a visitor can just select from their PC.

This is all I am getting in my chat window.
1660811386_toolbar.jpg

Maybe I am just a little out of it, but I can't figure out how to turn that chat window toolbar on.

I have embedded the code on my wordpress site using a header / footer plugin so the chat shows on all pages.

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

Steve

#2 2022-08-18 08:49:57

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: How to get Chat Window Toolbar to show?

Hi Steve and welcome on the Live Helper Chat Community.

Please take a look of the free documentation.
For activate file upload you can check this URL: https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/chat/files

Once you activate it, the upload icon should be visible to the visitor widget.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2022-08-18 09:26:22

bsrmelb

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I have already ticked that box but the tool bar still does not show!

I am using a wordpress plugin that adds code the the header, maybe I should just try adding in direct the the home page?

Something seems to be blocking the toolbar from showing for some wierd reason.

Thanks

Steve

#4 2022-08-18 09:30:07

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

I am using a wordpress plugin that adds code the the header, maybe I should just try adding in direct the the home page?

If I'm not wrong the Wordpress plugin can be not updated, old.
I suggest to install Live Helper Chat not as plugin but as separate installation and use the embed code to add on Wordpress.

https://livehelperchat.com/how-to-embed … -207a.html

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2022-08-19 00:29:19

bsrmelb

Hi, managed to figure it out and get it working. The toolbar I see only shows once a chat is initiated. So its all working now.
Also, another question. Is there a way to get the system to make a sound when a new visitor lands on my site? Or is the sound notification just limited to when a visitor starts a new chat?

Thanks

Steve

#6 2022-08-19 08:08:43

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Im glad to read now attachments works.
You can have a sound also when a visitor just visit your monitored website. I used this for a while than after a long while I decided to deactivate the sound but you can have sound and visual notification.

You can find the sound option by clicking your operator profile on the right top.
1660896519_immagine_2022-08-19_100733.jpg

#7 2022-08-25 11:11:43

SeaHunter

Click around in the top right of it, there appears to be a grey X button that is only visible if you click directly on it. Simply click around where you believe it should be. It's a nightmare to use.

Board footer