Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2021-11-30 11:29:33

miguelangel.posadas

E-mail is only send in offline mode

Hello,

I'm building an application using the live helper chat widget. I have preffiled a variable for the email and it is passed in LHCChatOptions.attr_prefill. The problem is that when the widget is in offline mode (when there is not any operator online), the email is sent correctly, but when the message is sent when there are some operators online, it is not sent. Do you have any idea about what I'm doing wrong ?

Thank you

#2 2021-11-30 12:01:18

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: E-mail is only send in offline mode

Hi miguelangel, welcome in the live helper cha forum!

When you refer to sending email when operators are online you mean when the widget has not yet updated and so is not showing operator are online so is possible to start a chat?
Are you referring the situation where offline form is showed but if the page is refreshed user can start a chat?

In this case LHC works as you described, never send email if operator are online.
You may ask a feature request to add the functionality on GitHub but I don't know if will be developed as there is many works also to do with fix a new features.

In any case operators will find the message as unanswered chat.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2021-12-01 10:13:04

miguelangel.posadas

Hi, thank you for your response smile.

Sorry I didn't express myself in a properly way. My issue is, when a user talks through the widget when there is not any operator online, the chat is open in the pending chat list, and I can see the email icon with the email address because I have set the email as a prefilled variable. But when I talk through the widget when there is some operator online, the chat is open in the pending list but there is not any email address in the email icon.

I send the email address in the LHCChatOptions.attr_prefill as I said.

#4 2021-12-01 10:15:19

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

If operators are online and an offline message is sent no email is sent from LHC.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer