Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2021-05-16 05:05:28

evonet

Change consent checkbox wording & link?

Hi. Thanks for this tool. I just installed it and it's working great. I really appreciate your work!

I've been looking, reading the docs and doing forum/internet searches for at least an hour and I can't find the answers to these questions:

-  Where do I change the consent checkbox wording and link. Can you point me to the exact place to change "I accept my personal data will be handled according to our terms and to the Law"?

- I'd also like to know if it's possible to change "name", "email", etc. labels. I can't find that

- Is it possible to send the away message text "There are no online operators at the moment, please leave a message" in the javascript embed code and have LHC read it in and display it. I have custom code in my app that let's folks know an estimated reply time and I'd like to include it here also.

- And lastly can I change anything about the emails sent to me via offline form. Like different email addresses for different sites? Site identifier in the Subject or body? URL for "URL of page from which user has send request"?

Thank you!

EMBED ARGS (WITH ACTUAL SITE REMOVED):

LHC_API.args = {mode:'widget',lhc_base_url:'https://app.mysite.com/chat/index.php/',wheight:450,wwidth:350,pheight:520,pwidth:500,domain:'mysiteother.com',leaveamessage:true,theme:1,check_messages:false,identifier:'myidentifier'};

TEST EMAIL INFO:

Subject: test, United States, Connection, Support request from user

User request data:
Name: test
Email: ***.com
Phone:
Department: Connection
City:
IP: 172.69.69.225

Additional data, if any:

URL of page from which user has send request:

Link to chat if any:
-

Sincerely,
Live Support Team

#2 2021-05-16 13:12:59

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Change consent checkbox wording & link?

Hi evonet,
welcome in the live helper chat forum!

Where do I change the consent checkbox wording and link.

I don't think you can customize the check box sentence.
You can customize the link in
- settings
- live help configuration (tab)
- chat configuration
- copyright settings (tab)

than under will appear two new tab, select: site settings.
On the demo the direct page is: https://demo.livehelperchat.com/site_ad … tesettings

The field for the terms URL is: Change to your site Terms of Service.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to change "name", "email", etc. labels. I can't find that

You cannot change default label but you can create custom field:
- settings
- live help configuration (tab)
- Start chat form settings

The direct link in the demo is:
https://demo.livehelperchat.com/site_ad … rmsettings

- Is it possible to send the away message text "There are no online operators at the moment, please leave a message" in the javascript embed code and have LHC read it in and display it. I have custom code in my app that let's folks know an estimated reply time and I'd like to include it here also.

Sorry, I cannot understand this.
The text you mentionated is the default tezt showed if there are no operators.. I don't think you can include this in the Javascript Embed code for chat.

- And lastly can I change anything about the emails sent to me via offline form. Like different email addresses for different sites? Site identifier in the Subject or body? URL for "URL of page from which user has send request"?

You can customize the email templates in settings
https://demo.livehelperchat.com/site_ad … ilTemplate

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2021-05-17 07:22:55

evonet

Thank you for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

1) Regarding labels: I poked through the code, and I noticed there are translation files with all the labels, but no labels in en_EN .ts file.
I tried messing around with it and got stuck on another language and couldn't get back and had to reinstall. Is there a translation file for en_EN I can simply edit the labels I need and/or make a variation of the file with edited labels?

2) Will there be support for radio and check boxes in the chat widget? It could be a workaround for all this stuff by just creating new fields.

3) Unchecking "Enable leave a message functionality automatically if there are no online operators" does not remove the form or "leave message" button in the default settings. Is this a bug? Or is there some other setting somewhere else?

Thank you.

#4 2021-05-17 08:08:20

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

1) Regarding labels: I poked through the code, and I noticed there are translation files with all the labels, but no labels in en_EN .ts file.
I tried messing around with it and got stuck on another language and couldn't get back and had to reinstall. Is there a translation file for en_EN I can simply edit the labels I need and/or make a variation of the file with edited labels?

Sorry I don't remember where is the original English file located: English is not a translation but is the original language code.
You have to look into the code or ask for commercial support if no reply here.

2) Will there be support for radio and check boxes in the chat widget? It could be a workaround for all this stuff by just creating new fields.

I think this is only supported in the survey and cannot be customized much.
If you need customization you need try with the commercial support.

3) Unchecking "Enable leave a message functionality automatically if there are no online operators" does not remove the form or "leave message" button in the default settings. Is this a bug? Or is there some other setting somewhere else?

Actually seems since long time you cannot fully disable the offline form.
You can just decide when chat is offline to redirect user.

I know ig the widget is updated without refresh the page or in some other situation user can see a form that cannot be submitted with some filed...
You need wait a reply from remdex the developer.

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2021-05-18 00:09:07

evonet

Thank you.

Regarding #3: Are you saying this is a known bug?

It sounds like I need to use a different channel for these in depth technical questions.

One last question here though: Can you point me to the document that shows me how to set different chat widgets for different sites that sends messages to different emails?

I really appreciate all the work that went into this project and all the technical things it can do. And some constructive feedback: I find the GUI configuration & setup workflow more difficult than any paid or open source project that I can remember using. I find it very difficult to find the correct setting that would seem to be spread around configuration in a non-intuitive way. The use of in page hidden panels that don't reset back to the sub level makes it difficult to change that sub level and the non clarity of split master and hidden sub panels add to the confusion. I installed Mamato and LimeSurvey at the same time as Live Helper Chat and had no problem getting those both fully up and running via the GUI and a few quick searches in the documentation. If there is any desire to do any GUI work, I'm happy to offer more specifics as well as technical suggestions to easily solve the labeling issue above.

Thank you.

#6 2021-05-18 06:34:48

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Regarding #3: Are you saying this is a known bug?

Actually seems there is maybe not a full way to disable offline message, is something I asked in the past but still be not implemented.
What you can do is set a redirect for offline messages, please check the following guide: https://doc.livehelperchat.com/docs/chat/offline/

It sounds like I need to use a different channel for these in depth technical questions.

The forum is the right place where ask question but you have to consider few things:
- The developer is one and it's busy
- This is an open source free software, if you need fast reply or some kind of deep customization you need maybe try the commercial support that will also help this project to stay alive and free: https://livehelperchat.com/support-13c.html

I really appreciate all the work that went into this project and all the technical things it can do. And some constructive feedback: I find the GUI configuration & setup workflow more difficult than any paid or open source project that I can remember using. I find it very difficult to find the correct setting that would seem to be spread around configuration in a non-intuitive way.

Live helper chat has a lot of settings and sometimes is not always easy to find what you are looking for  smile but the nice things is that you can do a great customization!

If there is any desire to do any GUI work, I'm happy to offer more specifics as well as technical suggestions to easily solve the labeling issue above.

I don't think the administrative side will change for now but thank you  smile

Board footer