Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2018-09-12 10:31:05

alucard001

Pro active chat invitation - 3 questions

Hi all

I got 3 questions regarding Pro active chat invitation and I hope someone can help me on that:

1. I want to do: when user starts typing (keypress on keyboard) and without sending any message (press enter to send message), I would like to have a "Greeting" message send by a bot only once to user. 

I am reading pro active chat invitation and I don't know how to trigger that event.  May I ask how is it done?

2. Since the message is sent by bot only once, I am looking at the callback trigger in JS file called online_chat_started_cb, can I use that and somehow "notice" certain user to send a message?

3. I know that there is a function in backend UI that operator can send message to specific visitor.  Since I am customizing the frontend chat box widget, when I uses the "Send Message" on the backend, I did not see any JS trigger/update on the frontend that I can receive so that I can display a notice to visitor about this new message.  May I ask how to "catch" the message send from operator on the backend to visitor on the frontend?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

#2 2018-09-13 11:13:57

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Pro active chat invitation - 3 questions

Hi alucard001,
thank you for your post! As i cannot help with this and with basic support regarding this i fowarded your question to the chat owner.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer