Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2018-08-03 19:05:39

ghost666

From name in offline message using admin name.

I have received offline message which goes to my support email inbox if they fill out message this is fine but the message that gets sent to the customer in the email header it has their email address and as the name from the email is my admin name how can i change this it wasn't always like this i have the latest version installed. I have tried in the email template to set {name} as the from name as this is the field that would determine this as i can tick a box that says use customer email as the from address and this works however their is no tick box for use customer name as the from just a field to enter my own and using {name} or TEST does not work and the email comes through to the customer with my name as the name in the email header attached to their email address.

#2 2018-08-03 21:21:40

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: From name in offline message using admin name.

Hi, thank you for your message.
If you think to have found bug or you need report an issue, if no reply here on next days you can try to open a GitHub issue.
Link on my forum signature.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer