Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2018-08-01 07:51:46

Chronberg

Trying to make user to post without choosing a nickname

Hello.
I am trying to understand how to change lhchat to be like on the front page of this site.(livehelperchatcom)
Basically, I need a user to start typing without any requirements and required fields such as nickname. (and just have premade nick like "visitor", or whatever else)
I haven't found anything related to this in documentation, so I tried to change it manually in the code. But it appears the programm is too complicated for me to understand it's structure. (I am newbie, tbh)
Can you please give me some advice on that?

As I understand, I need to search for "username" field, which I found in design\defaulttheme\tpl\lhchat\startchat.tpl.php and deleting related input block can make the field dissappear, but it is still required to be filled, and I have no idea, where else it could be defined. (probably not the best idea overall, as the value of this field goes somewhere else, for example, checks for errors to be added in errors[] array. But I can't imagine how can I track EVERYTHING related)
I although thought that "autologin" feature is somewhat related to this, but as I understood - it's not.

Sorry for dumb questions, but I really want to understand how all this works, as this chat looks just amazing.

(I also have an issue that users can't post from android receiving error "Your request was not processed as expected- but don't worry it's not your fault", but maybe it's because I am using localhost for database host, although I can post from different computers, so it's weird. I've read about this issue on this forum and git, but there was no solution, sadly. )

Last edited by Chronberg (2018-08-01 08:23:51)

#2 2018-08-01 12:28:34

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Trying to make user to post without choosing a nickname

Hi Chronberg,
welcome on the live helper chat forum.

You can decide start chat form into settings, live help configuration, start chat form settings.
On localhost install i cannot help.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2018-08-02 02:41:50

Chronberg

PeopleInside wrote:

You can decide start chat form into settings, live help configuration, start chat form settings.

Well that was much easier than I expected. Thank you!

#4 2018-08-02 04:14:49

Chronberg

As for the issue with "Your request was not processed as expected- but don't worry it's not your fault".

I tried to access chat with different devices and it appears that this error message occurs only with my phone with Chrome browser ver 66.0.3359.158, but other browsers works fine.
I have no idea why this happens, but if anyone has the same issue - try another browser.

And again - thanks for great chat and active support.  smile

#5 2018-08-02 07:46:26

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to know you have resolved smile
You are welcome!

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer